Gen 3 Double Spare Wheel carrier

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
JG
JGK

Gen 3 Double Spare Wheel carrier

Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi Gents,

After breaking of my rear bumper while sand driving I have looked at replacement bumpers for the Gen 3 Pajero but could not find any thing I like.

I decided to design my own and I am at the point of ordering the laser cutting to be.

You don't have to commit but are there any Pajero owners that might be interested.

Some info:
Standard hinge, no spindle, almost guaranteed not to break.
When swing are is closed it rest on the snatch plate, partially taking the load off the hinge.
Hinge: 50mm outer, 40mm shaft
Increased departure angle as the bumper is flush with the rear lights, you can still access the roof if you stand on the inside of the boot.
Low profile LED rear lights incluing very bright reverse LEDs
Industrial and replaceable clamps to close the swing arm, also lockable with a pad lock.
Main bumper made of 4mm steel
Sides 3mm
Main brackets are adjustable for easy installation, The brackets are attached and then the bumper is attached to the brackets, adjustable left right, forward and back
Sandblasted, treated and powder coated
Removable spare wheel carriers.
Can take tyres up to 285/75 16
Gas arms assist with opening and keeping it open, no need for any manual locks.
Standard high lift jacking points at the bottom, no need for extenders.
Price: +/- R 18 000

If interested please phone me on 072 141 0566
Attachments
Capture 5.JPG
Capture 4.JPG
Capture 3.JPG
Capture 2.JPG
Capture 1.JPG

Bakkies
Vehicle: c class

Re: Gen 3 Double Spare Wheel carrier

Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Wow. You gave allot of thought into it.... function above form is the motto.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
JG
JGK

Re: Gen 3 Double Spare Wheel carrier

Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:23 pm

Bakkies, thanks for the compliment

Don't think it to be too difficult, if one designs something for yourself.

It took almost three months, in between life, to get it right to a point where I was satisfied. I made a mock up from correx plastic and fitted it regular to the car to verify my measurements but would have liked to firsts laser cut it in plastic, but December is almost here and I wanted it to be done before my trip..

I forgot to mention that the entire weight, excluding thee tyres, is 38kg.
Bakkies
Vehicle: c class

Re: RE: Re: Gen 3 Double Spare Wheel carrier

Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:43 pm

JGK wrote:Bakkies, thanks for the compliment

It took almost three months, in between life, to get it right to a point where I was satisfied. I made a mock up from correx plastic and fitted it regular to the car to verify my measurements but would have liked to firsts laser cut it in plastic, but December is almost here and I wanted it to be done before my trip..

38kg is low.. good work.
JGK wrote:Bakkies, thanks for the compliment

The weight is low for all that hardware. Good work. See this bumper this is the best looking if seen so farImage. Keep us posted on the final product

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register