PM missing?

Have any issues with the site? See any bugs? Or is there anything you can suggest as to how we can improve the site.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2001 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLS

PM missing?

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Just received a q mail that Nick Gibson sent me a PM. I log on and its gone.

Weird?

Sent via iPad & Forum Runner
Nick Gibson
Vehicle: 2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB (AKA Pedro 2.0)

Re: PM missing?

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi 4E

Yep it was me, i was looking for some stabiliser links(I saw your old post re the extra links you have), but I manged to find some at master-parts. The orignal ones were still fine, and I still have the damn clunk going over speed bumps, corrugations etc...

I have changed stabiliser bushes and links, new shocks (HDP's) and an upper control arm ball joint that looked suspect, cant see anything else loose :cry: ... Maybe a control arm bush?? have check all the bolts, and are all tight... Any advise would be great!
Nicholas Gibson

2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD Auto LWB
Mods:
ARB front bumper, OME, Lynx Bash Plate, Lynx Rock-sliders, Lynx rear steel bumper, Front Runner 40lt Long range tank, Madman EMS2 with EGT, dual battery system, 700FF spots

Corsa 1.4 Club (swambo)

Cape Town

"In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker." - Woody Allen
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2001 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLS

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Loosen and torque all the wheelnuts (while jacked up)
Check the anti roll bar bushes.
While the car is resting on it's wheels loosen (not remove) the shock bolts and control arm bolts and retighten. Some workshops tighten when the suspension is extended on a hoist which leaves the bushes then stressed at rest which could cause them to clunk or fail (and subsequently clunk)

My advice is to take it to a dekra center where they stress the suspension to show up any clunks.

NB : is your battery tied down properly?

Sent via iPad & Forum Runner
Nick Gibson
Vehicle: 2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB (AKA Pedro 2.0)

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks 4E

Will give all those a bash as soon as I have time again - I have replaced the sway bar bushes already, did help a bit at first, maybe I am just getting very picky about the sounds of my Paj :D

A while ago I had to modify my battery clamp as the old one tore out of the plastic tray, and I needed longer hook-bolts. I bolt the battery down to the chassis now, not to the tray so I am sure its not the battery rattling around. Wil post results asap.

ps. Maybe it the new(ish) HDP shocks clunking around? I will see if I can find a rep to have a look at them.
Nicholas Gibson

2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD Auto LWB
Mods:
ARB front bumper, OME, Lynx Bash Plate, Lynx Rock-sliders, Lynx rear steel bumper, Front Runner 40lt Long range tank, Madman EMS2 with EGT, dual battery system, 700FF spots

Corsa 1.4 Club (swambo)

Cape Town

"In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker." - Woody Allen

Return to “Website Feedback”