Cleaning sticking dump valve

Maxo
Vehicle: Pajero

Re: Cleaning sticking dump valve

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:08 am

Good afternoon all,

I hope you are well. I've been experiencing the same problem as you describe with your Pajero for the last 3 months. I lose power when climbing in 4th and 5th gear and After a few minutes in a Big Hill, the engine go to limp mode.

WE met 3 mechanicals and all of them told me the car IS good. But the car IS not. No power in the hills, The gearbox often stays in 5th gear instead of downshifting to gain power.

The engine revs struggle to rise above 2,500 rpm.

Lot if noise...

The last mechanical told me the turbo IS good but maybe a bit lazy ... Maybe the problem that you describe ?

Doses someone had the same problem ans finaly find the issue please ?

My girlfriend and I would be grateful for your help, as we've been having this problem for months and have spent a lot of money on the car.

Many thanks for your help

Maxime and Marine.

Maxo
Vehicle: Pajero

Re: Cleaning sticking dump valve

Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:09 am

Good afternoon all,

I hope you are well. I've been experiencing the same problem as you describe with your Pajero for the last 3 months. I lose power when climbing in 4th and 5th gear and After a few minutes in a Big Hill, the engine go to limp mode.

WE met 3 mechanicals and all of them told me the car IS good. But the car IS not. No power in the hills, The gearbox often stays in 5th gear instead of downshifting to gain power.

The engine revs struggle to rise above 2,500 rpm.

Lot if noise...

The last mechanical told me the turbo IS good but maybe a bit lazy ... Maybe the problem that you describe ?

Doses someone had the same problem ans finaly find the issue please ?

My girlfriend and I would be grateful for your help, as we've been having this problem for months and have spent a lot of money on the car.

Many thanks for your help

Maxime and Marine.

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register