OBDII bluetooth/wi fi adapter to read fault codes etc on Pajero from 2007

pl
plaaski

Re: OBD2 bluetooth/wi fi adapter to read fault codes etc

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:09 am

Hi All,

I got my OBD2 reader this week, and been playing with it ever since.

2 Questions;
1. Does your fuel information show in the torque app? (I am using the free version still, but will buy the full version if I need to) It currently feels that I have very limited information showing up.
2. Have you been able to get any other custom PID's yet? I have already added the one mentioned earlier in this post, will test it tomorrow.

Manie

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 am

Manie. To get fuel infirmation you have to enter certain parameters in the app, which I have not bothered to do, as it determines fuel usage by using the GPS plus all the other info to work out. The in dash reader in the Pajero is pretty accurate so I just use that.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Roelf_le_Roux

Thu May 04, 2017 4:45 am

Cats,
You'll recall I showed a great interest in this system to get insight into tranny oil temps.
Things have obviously changed for me since then, but my new ride actually displays tranny oil temps. The reason I'm posting is to share my tranny oil temps with you guys, maybe it will help you to find the correct setup on your readers.
Normal low-load cruising with TC clutch locked-up returns numbers in the 60° to 70° range. Climbing steep (tar) hills in and around my little dorp will see 90° on the display. The highest I've recorded is 95°, on that same track up the Sheba mountain where your new auto Pajero (with caravan in tow) indicated a hot box that evening.
In my case my car was unloaded and I was climbing up there in tiptronic 2nd gear high range.
The 95° didn't impress me so I dropped down to 1st. The rest of the climb it stayed there and once on top it dropped by a few degrees.
I hope this will assist.
Do you know at what temp the warning is sounded?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
CATS

Fri May 05, 2017 5:26 pm

Roelf

Thanks for sharing. Since I have had the OBD2 I have yet to get a hot bix warning. Temps recorded thus far has indicated about 20degC less than engine temp with the difference getting smaller when worked hard tiwing up steep gradients. Max I have measured thus far is 85degC if I recall correctly.

On a side note - I need to go camping again!!!! Even if just as an excuse to use my gadgets again .

CATS

Mi
MikeRo

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi everyone

Just recently been playing with the Torque app again .... Just a few questions:

1) When setting up the PID's, do you generally just leave the setting as they are or do you customize them specifically for the Pajero?
2) Could you not setup (if not already) a fixed forum post specifically for settings (standard or not) for each of the gauges that the members have setup and shown to work? I find myself reading through threads and threads to gain small bits of information, which could be kept condensed in one single thread :) ... Just a thought.

I am not sure if these setting would vary by year of manufacture for the Pajero, but maybe a reference to that would help. I have a number of gauges setup, but most are stock standard setting, and i am not really sure if the readings i am getting are actually reliable or not. I am specifically trying to monitor my coolant temp, especially while towing as this really gets excessive on hill climbs, but as i am not at all technical, would also appreciate some guidance on anything else to monitor that could contribute to an excessive temperature rise while towing?

I have a 2007 (Gen-4) 3.2 DiD with about 305 000 km. The guys that service her are saying the excessive temp could also be an injector issue, so any advise on a setup to monitor injectors would be greatly appreciated ....

Apologies, but i really am NOT technical at all so ANY advice would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated :)

Mike
Gemaskerde Tuinvurk
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:32 pm

CATS wrote:
MikeRo wrote:Hi CATS

In the Aussie forum there is a reference to a 'network error' when both the the App and the engine are starting, and the solution was as follows:

When I did some reading online I discovered that it's an easy fix, you just have to change a setting in the Torque app from "automatic protocol" connect to some other one.

Did you find this setting? I cant find any obvious protocol settings in the Torque app at all?

Mike
Mike

Yes. I did find this protocol and also experienced an CEL before I set it correctly. I will find the codes and post it here as well for prosperity but currently touring so signal coverage is patchy at best so I am for all practical reasons off- grid. Will post when I am back on my bum and fully connected.

CATS

I reset my phone, installed torque, and am now getting the CEL ImageImage

What is the correct protocol setting? (Can't seem to find it...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Karl

TheManiac
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD (Gen 4)

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:39 am

Gemaskerde Tuinvurk wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:32 pm
CATS wrote:
MikeRo wrote:Hi CATS

In the Aussie forum there is a reference to a 'network error' when both the the App and the engine are starting, and the solution was as follows:

When I did some reading online I discovered that it's an easy fix, you just have to change a setting in the Torque app from "automatic protocol" connect to some other one.

Did you find this setting? I cant find any obvious protocol settings in the Torque app at all?

Mike
Mike

Yes. I did find this protocol and also experienced an CEL before I set it correctly. I will find the codes and post it here as well for prosperity but currently touring so signal coverage is patchy at best so I am for all practical reasons off- grid. Will post when I am back on my bum and fully connected.

CATS

I reset my phone, installed torque, and am now getting the CEL ImageImage

What is the correct protocol setting? (Can't seem to find it...)

Hi GT.

I followed this thread since last year, received my OBDII scanner and I am now doing some research. Did you manage to get the setting for the protocol?

From what I have found the setting is under your vehicle profile -> Edit ->Scroll down to "show advanced settings" ->Scroll down to "Preferred OBD2 Protocol" -> from the list select the preferred protocol. On the Aus forum it seems that the guys are using the "ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit 500k baud)" setting..

I have this setting selected but I think the OBDII confuses my car's ECU or something. I get all kinds of weird stuff happening, weird error codes for different makes of cars, etc. I am not that good with explaining these stuff, but will try and post some of the problems I had thus far during the course of the weekend.

Hope you got the setting sorted.

Regards,
TM
Gemaskerde Tuinvurk
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Re: OBDII bluetooth/wi fi adapter to read fault codes etc on Pajero from 2007

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:47 am

Awesome, this is exactly the protocol I found with trial and error... I couldn't wait for a response - its unnerving having the CEL staring at me every time I drive

Karl

TheManiac
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD (Gen 4)

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Gemaskerde Tuinvurk wrote:Awesome, this is exactly the protocol I found with trial and error... I couldn't wait for a response - its unnerving having the CEL staring at me every time I drive

Yes it is!! Although I still got a CEL with this setting. But I think the obd scanner is of inferior quality. Bought from www.dx.com, the blue elm327, think I must shop around or sort my settings out.

Let us know if your CEL light disappeared after changing the protocol setting please?

Regards
TM

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

CATS

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 am

Yip. OBD Protocol should be set to ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit 500k baud) and not to AUTO as it will cause an engine code when the OVD reader is powering up the same time as you start the car in some instances.

Sorry for the late reply from my side.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register