Pajero IO 1800 Engine management light comes on

te
terryj

Re: Pajero IO 1800 Engine management light comes on

Mon May 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Cats I began to think that the car had something against me, as I have a couple of cars for various purposes I tried driving it as I would my other vehicles. In Mazda 3 style I was pussy footing (pun intended) and it cut out, in Cobra style it gave me a mild nudge in the bum when I put my foot down and not the kick in the bum but it still cut out. I could not try my Datsun 280 ZX style as the Pajero would never have been able to take the bends without falling off the road. :lol:

Fi
Fielies

Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 am

Gerrit we as the driver of the IO's is very few but at least we are here. :lol: I also have a IO but the 1.6. Terry if you want I downloaded the manuals for the IO's a couple of weeks back and if they will help you I'll gladly share them. Let me know where you are situated.
te
terryj

Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Just an update to this old post. After cleaning the crank shaft sensor and getting rid of the iron filings from the worn pulley tne car has been running fine around town.
We have just completed our annual pilgrimage driving the dirt roads and mounatn passes down the West coast and Cederberge and the car ran like a dream, we did 4000 kms with a consumption of 11.58 l/100 km.
JonnyD
Vehicle: Pajero IO

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 am

Terry, thanks for updating the post otherwise I would never have seen it.

I also own an iO (only bought it last year) so your post will go into the "memory bank" for future use. (Hope I don't need it)

Your fuel consumption is almost exactly what I get. Lovely cars, these iO's.
Yu
Yunus

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:38 pm

terryj wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:55 am
I have a 1999 Pajero IO 1800 which has the following problem.
Last month I did Naudes Nek pass and then wanted to do the Baster voetslaan when the engine management light came on and the vehicle went into limp mode. I stopped, turned off the ignition and started the vehicle which ran normally for a number of kilometers and did the same again. I decided to return home and it was a pain in the backside with the car going into limp mode every so often. I have checked all of the connecter plugs in the engine compartment to no avail.
Has anybody got a solution for me as I don't want to take the car to the agents if I can help it.
Thanks in advance.

Terrence
Hi Terrence

I too have a imported Pajero iO 1999 GDI with the same problem that you have, it seems to get worse as when the weather is abit hotter. I too have to switch the car off for about 15 minutes and then start again until it starts going into limp mode. I live in Botswana and our temperatures are in the late 30 and early 40's. I took my car to a mechanic and he suggested that i do a service, this did not help. then he checked the fuel filter and we replaced the fuel pump. After this the car went into complete limp mode, to a stage that it would not even hold on idle for even 15seconds. It stayed at the workshop for another two weeks and I got fed up with the guy and towed the vehicle to another guy. This new guy replaced my TPS throttle position sensor with a second hand one, and the car was on the road again, but the original problem is still there. I took the vehicle to a guy with a diagnostic tester and the results came up as a problem with the fuel management system. I was told the it could be the GDI pump or and the injectors. Hope you got your little Paje working again. Please let me know if you had sorted your promlem out. My Whats app number is 0026771464299 I am also on the Pajero Owner's Club whats app group. Any help or advice is most appreciated.

Regards

Yunus
ROBNICK@50
Vehicle: Shogun 3,5 GDI

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:46 am

Hi please look at my other post re my 3.5 Pajero. I've ordered spares from Japan. Your faults same as mine. Found supplier in Japan which lists parts catalogue with drawings. Good luck.

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register