4x4 indicator lights blinking

Dirkvs
Vehicle: Mitsubushi Pajero 2.8 Turbo Intercooler SWB

4x4 indicator lights blinking

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:46 am

My Pajero 2.8 SWB year model 2000 - the lights indicating front axle is blinking when driving in 4x2. Any ideas?

ji
jimsutt

Re: 4x4 indicator lights blinking

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 am

Dirkvs wrote:My Pajero 2.8 SWB year model 2000 - the lights indicating front axle is blinking when driving in 4x2. Any ideas?
Try backing off the accelerator for a few seconds lights may become steady...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

mbzn06
Vehicle: Mitsubishi, Pajero 3.5 lwb

Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am

Gen2.5/3? For the gen2 just measure the voltage on the vacuum solinoids. Vehicle idling in 2h should be battery voltage. If the voltage is low here, remove the radio and on the floor there's a white box, unplug clean the contracts and replug and see if the voltage increases at the solinoids. Also check that the actuator (front diff) is moving when changing between 2h and 4h, clean the shaft and lubricate.
Change between 2h and 4h regularly to avoid the actuator getting stuck. Just search for flashing 4x4 lights. There are some complete fault finding write ups on the subject

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

pe
peter.thorpe

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi. I have the same vehicle & currently have the same problem. It is usually the solenoids that have packed up. They are mounted in the engine compartment drivers side wheel arch. You will see thin rubber vacuum hoses going into them as well as wiring connectors. There is a little non-return valve in the line, too, that gives trouble (losing vacuum to the servo-unit). Underneath the car (by the front diff) you will see the vacuum hoses going into a small vacuum tank. It is possible that this has got a leak (but not very likely). From there the vacuum leads to the actuator diaphragm. The actuator can get jammed up with gunk. The solenoids cost around R2000, & the actuator about R2500. A new tank is also around R2000, so it pays to do your fault-finding carefully. Would like to know how you get on with this problem. e-mail me on peter.thorpe2@shell.com
Regards
Pajero Pete
mo
motalink

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi
Purchased a 2800 LWB Pajero some months ago in need of refurbishment, and top of the list was the blinking four wheel drive lights, having gone through checking all wiring connections, found that who ever had taken the head or manifold off previously had miss-matched the vacuum pipe connection to the solenoids; there are three take off pipes on my 4M40 engine at the rear of the inlet manifold.
Once these pipes had been correctly connected :!: , lights now work perfectly.

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register