Gauteng Indies for DiD diagnostics

The Mul
Vehicle: 2007 LWB Pajero DiD

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi All,

My 2007 DiD average fuel consumption has crept up form around 10.7l/100km nine years ago to approx 13l/100 currently. It is currently on 260 000km, Gen 4 Common rail. I understand there is various things that affect fuel consumption ie towing, town vs open rd etc which makes direct comparisons difficult between then and now (amongst others my newly licensed daughter now drives it on occasion around town...)

I have been following threads regarding the SCV, MAP and MAF sensors - what is the typical life expectancy of these? I have cleaned the MAF with electrical cleaner, and have already bought the filters for air filter and diesel filter replacement, will add some cleaner to the next tank (and maybe some two stroke in future...).

Is there any good independent diesel mechanics in Gauteng you can recommend, where can take the vehicle to have the sensors/injectors checked or tested?

Other than the heavier fuel consumption it has three times had a slight lumpy idle while at standstill. I`m now paranoid about the rev needle wandering ever so slightly, but can not say if it is different than before.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Henk

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Gauteng Indies for DiD diagnostics

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Your only option in Alberton is Arnold Venter at Mitsitech. He sorts the 3.2 out properly, really worth it. You can find him on Facebook under Arnold Venter or Mitsi-Tech.
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
peterpot
Vehicle: 2009 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:02 am

As mentioned on one of my posts a faulty MAF sensor will not show up on diagnostics. I found out the hard way trying to improve poor performance and fuel consumption. I tried cleaning mine without success. I was fortunate to be able to borrow my sons MAF sensor from his 2.5 (same) and immediately saw an improvement while he saw the opposite as I had simply swopped them! Not very expensive and alternative to OEM one is available.

You mention a lumpy idle. Here I would suspect the SCV. Also not very expensive and also alternative to OEM one available.

At your km I would replace both them anyway for peace of mind. Probably cost you under R3000 for both.
The Mul
Vehicle: 2007 LWB Pajero DiD

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:39 am

Hi Peter

Do you know the part numbers I should be looking for, or is it safest to first take out the old? Mine is 2007 Gen4 Common rail

I have read that the SCV can be bought from Nissan and MAF from Toyota for much cheaper than Mitsu (and also OEM Denso..)? Can one just go ask for the particular Denso Part numbers? I also saw a 4x4community thread where someone fitted the Nissan SCV, but the part numbers were not identical (360 vs 160?)

In my experience Mitsubishi agents do not want to quote on any parts unless the VIN is specified - if Toyota/Nissan ask for the same what do I tell them..?

Henk
peterpot
Vehicle: 2009 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:42 pm

This is my comment I referred to on my thread on this forum : I found a local online supplier (Online carparts, cnr Malibongwe & Oliwenhoud, Randburg speak to Rasheed) and it was R1 700 but that was a while ago. - I got my SCV from Midas but you will need a part number> I will have to look for you.
JohnP
Vehicle: '03 and '07 3.2 SWB A/T Pajero

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:58 am

peterpot wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:42 pm
This is my comment I referred to on my thread on this forum : I found a local online supplier (Online carparts, cnr Malibongwe & Oliwenhoud, Randburg speak to Rasheed) and it was R1 700 but that was a while ago. - I got my SCV from Midas but you will need a part number> I will have to look for you.
Greetings from a Nov '07 Gen4 3.2 DiD. I also bought the Online Carparts generic MAF sensor; it improved performance in cool conditions, but as soon as it got to about 29 degrees, I was back to high revs but no go, as well as extreme turbo lag on pulloff.
The answer is unconditionally to go to Arnold at Mitsitech. He explained that the MAF sensor that I had purchased is good for a number of vehicles - but it is not calibrated for the Pajero. He fitted his MAF sensor (about R 4500) and sent me the before and after dyno printouts - the results looked as though the Pajero had been chipped. When I collected it, Arnold drove it around the block with me - chalk and cheese! Suddenly it (almost) matches my Gen3 for willingness, grunt and minimum turbo lag, and it has become a real pleasure to drive.
Arnold wants her back to have the intercooler removed and cleaned, as he reckons that he is seeing a good turbo boost pressure, but not enough volume.
I can heartily recommend Mitsitech and Arnold’s team.

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register