Trusted Mechanic in Durban, KZN...

Foxxy
Vehicle: 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB

Trusted Mechanic in Durban, KZN...

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi All,

I need to find a trusted mechanic in KZN to take my Gen 3 3.2 DiD Pajero to to diagnose issues it is having. I am currently living in London, but use the car when I am back in Durban visiting family. All of the problems began in July 2018 after I replaced Oil / Fuel / Air Filter and the top timing chain guide.

All seemed fine initially, but on a trip down the coast it appears to have the occasional 'jerk' at highway speeds. Then, I heard a 'noise' and the check engine light came on. Got the car home and read the error codes to 25 and 43. Further reading and symptoms led me to replace the Timing Piston Position Sensor which I got from the local Bosch dealer in Durban. This appeared to resolve the issue, but the Paj was still occasionally having a 'hiccup' or ' jerk' at highway speeds.

Family members have since driven the Paj and it appears to have suffered the same issue, code 25 and 43 and blowing white smoke.

If I was there I would look at it myself, but need to get it to a mechanic that knows the 3.2 DiD and can diagnose the fault for me. My concern is obviously that the Diesel pump has gone, it does have 285000klm on it.

I have previously taken it to Haydn in PMB, but he has since moved to NZ.

Any assistance or advice would be awesome.

St
Staf

Re: Trusted Mechanic in Durban, KZN...

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Pajero.

I take my Mitsubishi Colt d/c 4x4 2005 to Ben (OBD Motors, PMB). I was given his number by a guy and his family who have Mitsubishi's. Apparently Ben used to work for/with a chap that moved to NZ. I can only assume that it is the same guy. He has a small operation and he does the work himself. I have only been to him twice, but he seems to be good.

His number is +27 72 516 9343. You can probably whatsapp message him.

All the best!
KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:32 pm

Staf, Haydn is the guy who moved to NZ so you’re taking your car to the right guy
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
Dean Stephens
Vehicle: Pajero GLX

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:48 am

Ben bought the business when Hyden moved and I have been taking my vehicles to him and have been very happy with his service. I like doing business with Ben because he does the work on your car himself and is honest and reliable. Seems to have all the necessary diagnostig gear too but, he is a long way from Durban.
Foxxy
Vehicle: 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB

Tue May 21, 2019 8:47 am

Thanks for taking the time to respond guys, much appreciated.

Looks like I will be trying to get the car to Ben in PMB. Shame he isn't on this forum as Haydn used to be :)

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register