No acceleration 3.2 DID Gen4 Automatic

OBELIX123
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 3.2 DI-D GLS 2011

Re: No acceleration 3.2 DID Gen4 Automatic

Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:05 pm

The damaged intercooler went to CIRRUS in Pretoria to enable them to pack a new one with the bracketry in the right places .
When the new one came back it did not fit at all and my Service guy has to drive with my car from Jo'burg to Pretoria to rectify the obvious misfitment.....
I was told that the company is experienced with Pajero Intercoolers and things like this do not happen....why then request the old intercooler to be submitted ????
Well they did and my service guy and myself are shortchanged with regard time and fuel spent which equals money............
I am p....off

OBELIX123

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:49 pm

I have my "old" Pajero back. The LWB is Dastek- chipped as my previous one (SWB) and for the first time it drives , accelerates and changes up and down like the previous one. Problem solved.
Thanks guys for your input......
JohnP
Vehicle: '03 and '07 3.2 SWB A/T Pajero

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Greetings,

My go-to is definitely Arnold at Mitsi Tech in Alberton. My always depressingly sluggish, flat and uninspired '07 3.2 Gen 4 is now as responsive as my glorious old Gen 3 - mainly due to fitting a new Mass Air Flow sensor at less than half the dealer's price. Remembering that this sensor is not monitored by the system i.e. no fault code, it would be wise to have Arnold perform his tests and listen to his informed advice!
OBELIX123

Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:02 pm

Same here, John
I had a Gen 3 diesel 3.2 before and it drove like a dream.
After putting in a new intercooler into the Gen 4 from Cirrus in Pretoria (R 6.000,- instead of R 16.000,-)
I have to hold back on the accelerator, compared to before because of the new acceleration, engine response, proper turbo boost from start and also acceleration in 5th as well as smoothness.. I am in dream land.....The old intercooler was most certainly leaking and I can see the difference also with fuel consumption.
But thanks for the mention of MitsiTech, I have entered the name already in my "Pajero diary" as well as various part suppliers , thanks to Kurt.

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register