Gearbox ecu reset

Transmissions, transfer boxes, axles, drive shafts
bundu1
Country: south africa
Vehicle: 2006 pajero 3.2 glx
Location: Heidelberg, Western Cape
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Gearbox ecu reset

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 am

I recently had my gen 3 gearbox replaced by a reputable gearbox workshop.Now the shift between 2nd and 3rd is a hard jerk.The workshop said that i must reset the ecu at the dealers.
The dealer just disconected the battery for 15 min. and the box was fine for about 2 days then it started again.Now i disconect the battery every 2 or 3 days depending on how often i use the car.
Is their another way to reset the ecu or is the problem somewhere else
llec999
Country: Mozambique
Vehicle: 1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD (After selling LWB Did:)
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Gearbox ecu reset

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:44 pm

I think there is still a problem on your box..., check my lengthy thread on gearbox problems... Also make sure they used the right oil (DiaQueen from agents). You can hook it up to agent computer and gave them fiddle... But doubt it will solve anything. Also remember that the gearbox ecu on this car "learns" and adapts to your driving style....
Llewellyn
1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD
1996 Delica 2.8td
1999 Pajero 3.2DiD LWB (Diesel problem...)
1997 Pajero Junior 1.1 (written off hitting a Drifter Double cab)
User avatar
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Contact:
Country: South Africa
Vehicle: 2001 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLS
Location: East London, South Africa
Posts: 2790
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: Gearbox ecu reset

Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:18 am

that's the dreaded valve chest failure.

Try to import a nomad upgraded one from Australia (Wholesaleautomatics)
Marius Fourie
MY DIY WEBSITE
2005 Touareg R5 Air & Bi-Xenon
Image
llec999
Country: Mozambique
Vehicle: 1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD (After selling LWB Did:)
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: Gearbox ecu reset

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:34 pm

4ePikanini wrote:that's the dreaded valve chest failure.

Try to import a nomad upgraded one from Australia (Wholesaleautomatics)
Very reputable gearbox workshop where also only third time lucky replacing my valve body....
Llewellyn
1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD
1996 Delica 2.8td
1999 Pajero 3.2DiD LWB (Diesel problem...)
1997 Pajero Junior 1.1 (written off hitting a Drifter Double cab)
TessaPaj
Country: Philippines
Vehicle: Pajero ck 2004
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Gearbox ecu reset

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:08 am

4ePikanini wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:18 am
that's the dreaded valve chest failure.

Try to import a nomad upgraded one from Australia (Wholesaleautomatics)
I think I have this. The planetary gear got crushed so we ended up getting a surplus gear box, but then it would jerk when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. The computer box, solenoids are all in working order, we even rebuilt the transmission with a new rebuilding kit but still the same problem. When you disconnect the battery it will run smoothly for a short time till the kick would return. When it shifts from 2nd to 3rd it seems like the power drops off first and then it kicks into gear all of a sudden. Any ideas? :shock:
TessaPaj
Country: Philippines
Vehicle: Pajero ck 2004
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Gearbox ecu reset

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:10 am

bundu1 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 am
I recently had my gen 3 gearbox replaced by a reputable gearbox workshop.Now the shift between 2nd and 3rd is a hard jerk.The workshop said that i must reset the ecu at the dealers.
The dealer just disconected the battery for 15 min. and the box was fine for about 2 days then it started again.Now i disconect the battery every 2 or 3 days depending on how often i use the car.
Is their another way to reset the ecu or is the problem somewhere else
Hi I have the exact same problem now, also gen 3, I was wondering if you found the solution?
Bez
Country: South Africa
Vehicle: 3.2.DID pejero gen 3
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Re: Gearbox ecu reset

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:14 pm

Did you solve your problem ?

Return to “Drivetrain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Login · Register

Latest Posts

Login  •  Register