Pajero Sport slipping out of DRIVE

Transmissions, transfer boxes, axles, drive shafts
Ve
Vertiaan

Pajero Sport slipping out of DRIVE

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi All

My Pajero Sport just started with "jumping" out off Drive into Neutral. I then just put it in Neutral and back in DRIVE and it goes again.

I did notice that if one bumps the gear leaver a little it also does that.

It feels like it does not select DRIVE 100%. Have anyone experience that before.

Regards
Vertiaan

VD
VDMAN

Re: Pajero Sport slipping out of DRIVE

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:02 am

Any replies? Got a 2011 as well and mine just did the same
Ve
Vertiaan

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 am

Hi VDMAN

I got mine fixed for under R200. It was the sensor on the gear leaver in the gearbox that was dirty. They cleaned it and set it again. I was informed that if it happens again i will need to replace the sensor at a cost of +-R2700.

I hope this will help.
VD
VDMAN

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:06 am

Thanks. Been told it's the inhibitor switch. I'll get it cleaned up and see if it works. Called mitsubishi and cost is approx R2300.00, so your quote sounds correct. Apparently a common issue.
Scully111
Vehicle: 2011 Pajero sport

Re: Pajero Sport slipping out of DRIVE.

Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:50 pm

Vertiaan wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 am
Hi VDMAN

I got mine fixed for under R200. It was the sensor on the gear leaver in the gearbox that was dirty. They cleaned it and set it again. I was informed that if it happens again i will need to replace the sensor at a cost of +-R2700.

I hope this will help.
Hi VDMAN I know this is an old post but maybe you can help? I have a 2010 Sporty and it is slipping into neutral. You talk about the “ Sensor on the gear lever in the gearbox” ? Where exactly is this sensor? Is it at the gear lever or at the gearbox? I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance Stuart 0824510738.

Return to “Drivetrain”

Login · Register