PS 4Spd Auto problems

Transmissions, transfer boxes, axles, drive shafts
czauto
Vehicle: 2010 Pajero Sport 3.2Did GLX

PS 4Spd Auto problems

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:20 am

Hi guys,

I've been a stalker on the group for quite some time but need some advice.

I've got a 2010 Pajero Sport 3.2Did 4Spd Auto. When I'm in 4LLC It does not select 4th gear. I imagine this is a safety design but can be bypassed by a simple switch in the 4LLC detection swith circuit to the AT ECU.

This is not my problem though. When offroading i'm in Sport mode most of the time. This is the only option seeing that the gearbox want to us 2nd start most of the time and it is quite irritating when you're starting an incline in 2nd, accelerating more toe get some momentum and it then suddenly shifts to 1st gear and then all hell breaks loose. This is a solvable problem (by keeping it in Sport mode)

My problem though is that while in Sport mode and im, let's say, on a steep, loose incline, and I have to get some revs up to get some wheelspeed (same as mud scenario) the gearbox will shift to 2nd gear when it reaches 4200ish rpm's, even while in Sport mode. This is hell irritating because the 4spd's ratios are so that with bigger MT wheels, the power just isn't enough to get it through the obstacle in 2nd gear and because of that gearchange and momentum loss, you quite possibly will get stuck.

Does anyone have a solution for that? I have even been thinking of fitting an aftermarket TCM to be able to adjust the parameters and shiftpoints. By doing that I will be able to utilize the lock up clutch better as well.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks in adnvance.

Return to “Drivetrain”

Login  •  Register