Rust in the sunroof frame

slojo
Vehicle: 1999 Pajero 3500 V6 LWB

Re: Rust in the sunroof frame

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 am

treurnicht wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 pm
treurnicht wrote:Fix in progress. Ching had to build a new 'lip'. The frame was very badly rusted.
Ching asked me R1800 to fix my sunroof.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Any feedback on how this repair went? Did Ching do a good job and has the repair held up?
slojo
Vehicle: 1999 Pajero 3500 V6 LWB

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

Duncan wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 4:47 pm
Hi Guys,

For the others enquiring about rust in the sunroof.

I had the rust removed from my sunroof from a private Panelbeater in the Ottery area.
His name is Ching, his tel number 072 359 9161.
He did tell me I will eventually need to replace the frame.

He was extremely reasonable and from what I can see he has done a great job. The workmanship is very neat.
I have only used him this once but I was very impressed with him and his work.

Regards
Duncan
I have been in touch with him and hope to get him to check out my situation in the coming days.

Has the repair work held up since you did it?

I'm also considering have Ching take care of some other cosmetic touch ups - anyone have an idea of his quality for that sort of thing? (got some scraped plastics and few small dings on various panels)
Oupa
Vehicle: 2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 GLS SWB

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi guys

My sunroof 2008 Model was also rusted,panelbeater took it out,treat it with rust converter and then cover the sunroof frame with fibre glass that the water can't get to the frame,it is now 6 Months ands all seems to be fine,however the rubbers shape around the glass wasn't that good anymore and managed to buy a good 2nd hand rubber where as the agents charged R3720.00 exclusive for a new rubber and the panelbeater sealed it propper.

Return to “Chassis, Bodywork, Trim & Interior”

Login · Register

Login  •  Register