Cape Town dash fix

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Cape Town dash fix

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Final Report about the illustrious “Cape Town Dash Fix” 5 December 2015.

John arrived in the afternoon on Friday. He was collected by our resident “Über” driver, IanH. Ian was very prompt, he made sure we were picked up and dropped off with absolute precision. John then installed the cable ties and brackets into Ian’s Pajero at Ian’s house. Ian wanted to learn about the fix so John took him through the process step-by-step.

I then arrived a few hours later and as promised, Ian was there to collect me from the airport and we proceeded to the B&B. Great choice Willem, Cinnamon House Lodge in Sunset Beach comes highly recommended. We went straight to the pub around the corner and Willem joined us as he was in the area at the time. We had some beers and some awesome pizza, also highly recommended.

We woke up a little groggy in the morning but we managed to get to the venue at 07:30am after Willem collected us. We immediately sprang to work and quickly completed Willem’s car. And then another car arrived, and John started with it.
This went on for the next 9 hours with John and I working from car to car, sometimes helping each other and other times just getting on with one car on our own. Willem was also a legend by feeding us and giving us liquids while we worked, without that we would certainly have passed out by car 7.

The first 9 cars were not so bad, a few niggles here and there but we were enjoying it. From car 10, things started getting a bit long in the tooth, we were sick of cable ties and brackets by this stage :evil: . Each car was a struggle, purely from an exhaustion point of view. Our next “fix” day will definitely be limited to 10 cars, no more. Initially we were looking at other issues while we were still fresh and the majority of the owners hadn’t arrived, but then the rush came and we were under pressure. That is when the owners, with some help from IanH, started doing their own little fixes in the boot and the side windows etc.

It was not easy to have a chat to everyone, so apologies to those we never met or couldn’t meet properly but the clock was ticking and we needed beer desperately. All in all we managed to complete all 13 cars more or less on time, this included trying to sort out a Gen3 with some rattles and a CD player issue (thanks John for trying), and installing an Aux cable in Ian’s car right at the end out in the street. Thanks for that one Ian but I guess I offered in exchange for the logistical help :lol: .

So who do we thank?
Most importantly, Willem (wtpmf) and his better looking IDENTICAL twin brother for the venue, that was a lifesaver being able to work under cover with plenty of space. Also for all the refreshments and food. :D
And then IanH for all the lifting and driving around, I'm sure your wife enjoyed some time to herself for a change ;)
Greg_SA for being so chatty to all the guests, without you they would have been bored out of their minds ;) , also for joining us for a beer afterwards.

And to the rest of you that helped finance this little trip, thanks for committing and following through with it. It was great to be able to make your Pajero experience just a little bit more enjoyable for the next few years. Keep well everyone. Until the next one John….. :shock:

- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:09 am

Excelent stuff guys! Well done.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Jo
JohnG

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Awesome weekend.Really nice bunch of guys and 3 ladies we met.Hope everyone was happy with our efforts.
Ian,thanks for all your help getting us around.
Willem,for being the youngest looking old man i have met :D
Riaan for help with my cable and all the others we had good chats with
Fox
Vehicle: Pajero 2016, Exceed

Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:34 pm

"Mayday Mayday"
Dash Fix required in Nelspruit

Just got the 3.2 LWB Exceed and it needs a rattle and dash fix.

Pls send me some contact details?
2005 3.2 DID SWB BFG Mud's - SOLD
2016 3.2 DID LWB still standard
KurtG

Re: RE: Re: Cape Town dash fix

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:17 am

Fox wrote:"Mayday Mayday"

Hi Fox. Your options are Joburg or Bloemfontein, when next you are in either of the two towns give me (JOBURG) or JohnG (BLOEM) a shout. I will send you my number via private message.
- Kurt
Ed1
Vehicle: 2007 GLS

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:59 am

Hi Kurt,

I would love to have you lay your hands on my 2007 Gen 4 as well. ;)
I am in JHB, please send me your contact details...
KurtG

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cape Town dash fix

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:12 am

Ed1 wrote:Hi Kurt,

Message sent with my number, call me anytime.
- Kurt
Ed1
Vehicle: 2007 GLS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Cape Town dash fix

Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:23 am

gerbek1 wrote:
Ed1 wrote:Hi Kurt,

Message sent with my number, call me anytime.

Thanks Kurt, your assistance in sorting out my Dash is much appreciated.
It was also i pleasure meeting you.
ka
kapenaar01

Re: Cape Town dash fix - Local expert Ian Hutton

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:19 am

Hi Guys, I had the pleasure of meeting Ian Hutton yesterday. I highly recommend the dash fix to all the Gen 4 owners, the difference or should I say improvement is 100%.

Ian thanks again for your time and dedication to assist is all, your workmanship is excellent.

Special thanks to the guys who pioneered the dash fix, great work!
Roelf_le_Roux

Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:30 am

Fox wrote:"Mayday Mayday"

Hi Fox,

Join us on the mountain next weekend, then you can meet Kurt and arrange a fix. Or even better, he can fix it on the mountain in the fire light.

Return to “Chassis, Bodywork, Trim & Interior”

Login · Register