Dash fix. What a great experience

WCS
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2 Di-Dc GLS Exceed LWB A/T

Re: Dash fix. What a great experience

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Thank you Roelf and Kurt.

Roelf, a few years ago I owned a 2007 Gen4 SWB, in maintenance plan and Mitsubish also had my dash out twice to install brackets and do whatever, with absolutely no improvement to my driving experience on bad roads. This was during the good old days when DaimlerChrysler (Mercedes-Benz) still distributed Mitsubishi in South Africa and you had a maintenance plan / warranty / service plan provided and under written by them, a proper fully comprehensive 5yr/100000km maintenance plan. Now with the current useless distributor of Mitsubishi in South Africa, with a new Pajero you get a 3yr/100000km warranty and a 5yr/100000km “maintenance plan”. When I bought this Pajero privately a month ago, I noticed it’s got a bit of an oil leak (definitely a first for me, this is my fourth 3.2D Pajero) and sent the car to the dealer who serviced it in September just before it went out of the 3yr warranty and they simply just said that the “maintenance plan” does not cover seals and gaskets so the repair would be for my own cost. I then sent it to someone who’s opinion I trust, who confirmed that it was leaking from the tappet cover gasket and he gave me an estimate on how much the repair will cost (luckily not too much), so I accepted it and still bought the car.

I suppose, what I’m trying to say is that the current “maintenance plan” new Mitsubishis are sold with, is not worth the paper it’s written on.

Kurt, I have your number, I’ll send you a WhatsApp to make an appointment to come see you for the only dash fix that work please.

Have a good evening guys.

Wilhelm

stevedcp
Vehicle: pajero 3.2 swb 2009

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:03 pm

KurtG wrote:Hi Wilhelm, Roelf is spot on and we have no idea as we haven’t approached Mitsu directly. I also doubt they would honor something that went wrong in the area we work.

We have done a few new models, even a 2016 model or two. The only pain is that the vents are held in very tightly by the clips so it takes a little longe to pry them out (that sounds terrible).

It’s your call if you want to do it again before the maintenance plan runs out, let us know.

Regards,
Kurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I may ask, what is the cost to have the dash fix done?

Enjoy every day to the full

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 am

It’s R1000 for the job, including all known fixes to other rattles we know about.

- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
KurtG

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 am

It’s R1000 for the job, including all known fixes to other rattles we know about.

- Kurt
stevedcp
Vehicle: pajero 3.2 swb 2009

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:02 am

KurtG wrote:It’s R1000 for the job, including all known fixes to other rattles we know about.

Cool, I shall contact you soon.
Curly
Vehicle: 2015 Mitsubishi Pajero SWB 3.2 DiD GLS

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:55 am

I have done 4 Kgalagadi trips with my 2015 Gen4 SWB and also enjoyed the continuous dash rattles, the flickers flashing randomly and the windscreen wipers suddenly triggering and scratching the windscreen with the fine dust.

I picked up this thread and was disappointed that the repairs were done in Bloem and Joburg. I missed the specials done in Cape Town.

After my last trip in October 2017, I decided that it would be worth it to head north from the Mother City to have the dash rattle attended to and so contacted KurtG.

He was thrilled at my request and pointed me to IanH, the Cape Town local who does it in his spare time, at your premises.

IanH arrived beginning December and he and I spent a good 5 hours, apart from doing the installation, chatting about our Pajeros, our trips, what extras we had fitted and amazingly also found that we had a number of experiences and friends in common.

Thanks KurtG for the referral and IanH for the hours spent chatting and securing the dash and of course for your honesty.

Cheers

Glyn
2015 3.2 DiD GLS SWB - Acquired Oct 2015 currently on 40,000kms
2002 3.2 DiD GLS SWB - Acquired Jan 2013 on 297,000kms (sold Dec 2016)
Jo
JohnSteg

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 am

KurtG - could you please send me your contact details to 082 829 7117. I need to make an appointment for my 2010 SWB Pajero fo the "Dash Fix"
Thank you & regards
John
KurtG

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm

JohnSteg wrote:KurtG - could you please send me your contact details to 082 829 7117. I need to make an appointment for my 2010 SWB Pajero fo the "Dash Fix"
Thank you & regards
John
I have sent you a WhatsApp. Regards, Kurt

- Kurt
Bunduman
Vehicle: Pajero 3.5l V6 1995, Pajero 3.8l V6 2007

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:05 am

Hi Kurt, please send me a Whatsapp at 0026771315214
Best regards
OT
Jo
JohnG

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi Wilhelm
Not sure how your experience is with the newer model but i certainly found them "tighter" than the earlier ones.
As Kurt mentioned the vents and sometimes the frame around the cluster sit very tightly and a massive pain to get loose without causing marks on the dash.
Very often guys dont mind the movement as much as the rattle that eminates from the top of the dash near the window.If you can push on this area and it has a loose movement i suggest maybe to fist just have the cable ties installed and then decide if you want the brackets.The cable ties are very quick to do as there is not much to strip.

Return to “Chassis, Bodywork, Trim & Interior”

Login · Register