Dash fix. What a great experience

akieviet
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 GLS 2016

Dash fix. What a great experience

Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi All

I would just like to thank IanH for fixing my dash rattle for me on my Gen4. We did a Southern Namibia trip in early October (prior to fix) and it was a disaster. My indicator would go of, and the radio would stop working. In fact, the cd player is still buggered.

I contacted IanH, and he fixed my dash in early November. I just finished a 3,600 km trip, and, not rattle!

Ian, thanks a lot. I hope all the other members who has a rattle, will consider doing the fix. It vastly improves the driving experience.

Best regards

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Dash fix. What a great experience

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Thank you for the great feedback, it’s awesome to hear that it is working so well. And well done Ian, good work young man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
Allan Morton
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2l GLS LWB

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to contact IanH to see if he can fix my Pajero's dash rattle. Can somebody please provide me with his contact details - e-mail and or phone numbers?

Many thanks

Allan Morton Howick KZN)
KurtG

Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Allan, if you’re in Howick then rather make a plan to get to Joburg or Bloemfontein and then myself (JHB) or John.G (Bloem) can assist, after all John is the original guru inventor of this fix

- Kurt
Allan Morton
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2l GLS LWB

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:36 pm

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your reply. Jhb is probably a better option for me but I will need to fix a date with you before I travel up. Please let me have your contact details.

Regards, Allan
RHB
Vehicle: Pajero GLS Lwb 2014

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:03 am

Great to hear of the successful dash fix. Can it be done in the Eastern Cape and if so where?
KurtG

Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:16 am

RHB wrote:Great to hear of the successful dash fix. Can it be done in the Eastern Cape and if so where?
Pity you only contacted us now, I was in EL and PE this last December and I could have assisted.

Unfortunately there isn’t anyone in the EC but if you are traveling to Bloem or JHB let us know.

- Kurt
WCS
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2 Di-Dc GLS Exceed LWB A/T

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi Kurt,

I’m glad to see you guys are still making many owners very happy with your good work.

I visited you just over a year ago for a dash fix on my 2010 SWB. I just upgraded to a 2014 LWB Exceed, the latest one with the LED daytime running lights, just out of warranty, but still on maintenance plan.

Due to the success of and my satisfaction with my previous dash fix on my previous car, by yourself, my questions are, have you ever done a dash fix on a model like mine and do you know if there will be any maintenance plan implications, that is if they can trace or find the dash modification of course?

Wilhelm
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Wilhelm,
Mitsu fitted dash brackets to my Pajero while it was still under warranty. So they are not opposed to the brackets, but one has to suspect that if you have a dash/radio/navigation type claim, that things could get sticky. And to be honest, that would be fair. I know John, Kurt an Ian are super professional and careful, but Mitsu can't in all honesty just accept it.

But yeah, the effort of those guys are still going to make them "legends in their own time".

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

KurtG

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Hi Wilhelm, Roelf is spot on and we have no idea as we haven’t approached Mitsu directly. I also doubt they would honor something that went wrong in the area we work.

We have done a few new models, even a 2016 model or two. The only pain is that the vents are held in very tightly by the clips so it takes a little longe to pry them out (that sounds terrible).

It’s your call if you want to do it again before the maintenance plan runs out, let us know.

Regards,
Kurt

- Kurt

Return to “Chassis, Bodywork, Trim & Interior”

Login · Register