Was Andrew St Pierre White right?? :/

dwinter
Vehicle: Pajero SWB 3.2DiD

Was Andrew St Pierre White right?? :/

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:09 pm

* I edited the subject line of this post because I wasn't getting any responses - I'm hoping this more controversial header might elicit a better response :) *

Hi,

I’d never sat in the back of my 2008 Gen 4 GLX until last week and I was amazed at how hard and uncomfortable the backrest of the middle seat is.

Our "friend" (:/), Andrew SPW, highlighted this in his infamous paj review. I’m afraid he’s right about the backrest of this seat Image. In its current state I don’t think I could ask someone to sit in that seat for an extended period, which essentially makes my car a 4-seater (boot seats removed).

Is it only a GLX issue or do GLS models also suffer from this? I imagine the issue is related to the fact that the backrest pulls out into an arm rest.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and has anyone perhaps remedied / fixed it?

Cheers,
Dave

ps - before anyone flames me - for the record - I'm only saying he's right on this one issue...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pajero 3.2 DID LWB GLX
Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB [SOLD]
KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Was Andrew St Pierre White right?? :/

Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:22 pm

What does it matter, the seat is what it is. Sorry for sounding dismissive but I really couldn’t be bothered what ASPW says or thinks to be honest.

PS - I do enjoy his new Aussie series on YouTube though 🤣
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
dwinter

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks Kurt...my new header worked..I got a response.

I don’t care about his opinion on the paj...my post was really about whether anyone had come up with a way of making it more comfy?

Pajero 3.2 DID LWB GLX
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:16 pm

It helps to make the backseat slightly more backwards. I think.

My 3 kids sit there on long trips and they dont complain too much, but then again they dont really know better.

Incidently this is a common problem on most cars sold as 5 seaters. That middle seat is very occasional. One of the reasons why I a starting to check out kombis with my 5 strong family. At least it has propper seats for each occupant.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
dwinter

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:27 pm

Thanks Cats.

Ja, we have two baby seats in the back so invariably my wife ends up sitting in the middle seat feeding / entertaining the sprogs.

I sometimes drape a blanket down the back rest to make it a bit softer, but it’s still not as comfy as each seat either side.

Pajero 3.2 DID LWB GLX
Jo
JohnG

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:44 am

The only reason it is uncomfortable is the armrest design that protrudes somewhat.I bet many other cars suffer the same fate
If you really need to have someone sit there then maybe buy one of those padded seat covers often used on the front seats and put it there.
ASPW is a toyota fan as much as I am a mitsu fan..Give me a toyota to test drive and i will find many faults in it too.
Gemaskerde Tuinvurk
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 pm

I've got a Gen4.1 (2007) and my father in law has a 2010 (before power update). Was amazed to see the differences is the type of leather used for seats, steering wheel as well as the padding / cushioning for the rear seats... Older paj was way softer / thicker with the cushioning.

(also noticed they dropped the front cooling fan on the radiator in the later models)

Karl

Bostokkelos
Vehicle: Pajero GEN 4 3.2Di-D

Tue May 26, 2020 2:09 pm

ASPW is right about two things.''The middle part of the back seat is rubbish hard (But only in the GLS, The GLX cloth seats are mush better.
Then again the car struggling on the dunes...he is correct, you see, the GLS never completely switches off its TC system, there always interference. The GLX doesn't have this issue, so the GLX actually does drive sand dunes better.

This, is my experience having driven both.
PAJERO 3.2 LWB GEN 4 AUTO
Rocksliders|Roof Rack|Bash Plate|Suspension lift|Dual battery system|

Return to “Chassis, Bodywork, Trim & Interior”

Login · Register