GEN 4 GARMAP FOR CASKA RADIO

deonengel
Vehicle: 2012 gen IV 3.2 did Exceed LWB

GEN 4 GARMAP FOR CASKA RADIO

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi guys, well as i threatened a few years back i finally DID :lol: (got it it)? i got myself the 2012 GLS EXCEED. - this is now my 3rd pajero - and maybe - hope not - my last. man, pajero's are just awesome vehicles.

here's my problem though - the discontinued garmap SD card is mia :| - i hope there may be someone out there that has a copy or something i could use to make a copy? - any sugestions?

thanks guys,

happy pajero'ing

Sound advice, if you want to enter in a BBBEE business venture? Think twice! Make sure your i's are dotted and t's are crossed :ugeek:
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Re: GEN 4 GARMAP FOR CASKA RADIO

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:44 pm

No photo means it did not happen.

Congrats and enjoy. Sorry cant help on the T4A part.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
deonengel
Vehicle: 2012 gen IV 3.2 did Exceed LWB

Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:20 am

:roll: aghh cats - orraaity then - attached please find? :ugeek:
WP_20151108_07_09_02_Pro.jpg
btw it is the caska ca3649.

best regards,

deon
Sound advice, if you want to enter in a BBBEE business venture? Think twice! Make sure your i's are dotted and t's are crossed :ugeek:
CJSPaj
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DID

Tue May 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi guys

I am a new member. I drive a Pajero 3.2 DID.

I have the same problem with my SD card. I could not find a solution in the previous posts - did I miss a link or something?

If anyone can help or direct me to a dealer who may be able to supply a copy, I will be very happy....

Thanks
RicG
Vehicle: 2010 Gen 4 3.8 V6 SWB Pajero

Tue May 12, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi there,

I have the T4A Sd card. I am not sure if it can be cloned or copied and what copyrights risks there are, I suspect you might be OK as it was supposed to be factory.

Regarding the caska and T4A, its pretty useless.. Its old, slow, and there are no upgrades. Most waypoints and POI's are way outdated. I prefer using google maps on my phone, faster and easier and more accurate. I would suggest perhaps rather investing in a good new Garmin. My 2c.

Let me know If I should check if the data can be copied. as I have Extra empty SD's to copy to.
Ricardo
2010 Gen4 Pajero 3.8 V6 SWB

ex:
2003 Gen3 Pajero 3.5 V6 SWB
2012 Mazda 3 MPS :twisted: (once in a Paj, Always a Paj)
Bateleur
Vehicle: 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-DC GLS LWB

Mon May 18, 2020 1:50 pm

The options available to you are dependent of the version of the Caska Unit you have (0401E or CN136). Of the two, the 0401E is the older of the two variants but as this is the model I have, it applies to the rest of the content below. (The CN136 has a few additional options i.t.o mapping software versions available but as I have checked these out in detail I cannot comment thereon)

Firstly, you cannot clone the SD Cards, irrespective of supplier or hardware version (I have tried).

My first SD Card "vanished" so to say, so the one I currently use was purchased directly from Planet Electronics. Whilst I was under the impression I was buying T4A maps, it seems I have something else... sort of like a T4A hybrid map. I engaged with T4A many times to attempt to upgrade, get new maps etc, but generally found them to be useless in terms of service and accurate information/instruction. What I have subsequently found out is that despite everything I have being branded as T4A (even the splash screen when loading maps on the unit all say T4A), I actually upgrade my maps using the NavTeq (naviextras) services and have done so on multiple occasions. Dependent on where I'm going, I update on average once every 2 years and it effectively works out to a few hundred buck per annum then. It's as simple as plugging your SD card into your PC, registering on NaviExtras.com, downloading the relevant software and following their instructions. Upgrades to the maps are substantially cheaper than those with dealer specific units from other manufacturers installed. My maps are currently up to date as are POI's and have a few additional features (i.e. 3D buildings, 3D terrain) installed to boot.

The maps are waaay more detailed than any other mapping software (excluding T4A and Open Source Maps) which leads me to think that it is in fact a T4A variant of the mapping data. For the most part, most of the gravel and two spoor roads I've been on both locally and in neighbouring countries are on the maps.

Yes, the unit's are old and as such not the greatest i.t.o performance (i.e. processing power) but I have found them to be more than adequate. The only thing that REALLY frustrates me in this regard is the inordinately long time it sometimes takes to establish an accurate fix. Sometimes as long as 7 - 8 minutes which drives me nuts. There are some features which I find are not working correctly which I really wish the did (like track logs, for some reason once the device powers down and up again, the old track log is removed so if I need to back track, I don't turn my car off). I also wish they had provided the capability to do route planning remotely (i.e. on your PC) because plotting an entire overland route with GPS co-ords on the unit itself is tedious at best.

For me, it works like a bomb though. Could it be better, hell yes but that's what's installed in my car so I make the best of it.

Images of my SD card attached as purchased from Planet Electronics many years ago.
WP_20130524_001_edited.jpg
WP_20161027_17_47_10_Pro_edited.jpg
WP_20161027_17_47_20_Pro_edited.jpg
Bateleur
2010 Pajero 3.2 Di-DC GLS LWB (Gen 4.5)
1999 Colt Rodeo 3l V6 Double Cab 4x4 (Sold (350K km's))
RicG
Vehicle: 2010 Gen 4 3.8 V6 SWB Pajero

Mon May 25, 2020 9:22 am

That is great news Bateleur, When I was in contact with T4A and Planet electronics, they couldnt help. T4A said its too old and not supported anymore, and Planet electronics tries to sell you a new Radio. I will definately try the naviextras route. Thanks a mil!
Ricardo
2010 Gen4 Pajero 3.8 V6 SWB

ex:
2003 Gen3 Pajero 3.5 V6 SWB
2012 Mazda 3 MPS :twisted: (once in a Paj, Always a Paj)

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”