Alarm/Buzzer

Sh
Sharky

Alarm/Buzzer

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:50 pm

I have a 2002 Di-D LWB and from time to time the alarm/buzzer goes off after the vehicle is started. It first gives a short buzz and after a minute or so gives a longer buzz for 20 sec. No warning lights come on on the dashboard when the buzzer goes off. Can anybody shed some light on this please?

JohanV
Vehicle: Pajero '01 - 3.2Di-D - LWB

Re: Alarm/Buzzer

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:11 am

The only buzzer i am aware of is the Ice waring buzzer when its near freezing temp outside usually at 3degrees Celsius on the Pajero.

lets wait and see what the people that know will comment :?:
Sh
Sharky

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:15 am

Problem solved: The buzzer is related to the ABS System. The problem is a defect accumulator on the year model 2002 and was replaced free of charge by Eikestad Motors, Stellenbosch who also ID the problem. :D
Jo
JohnG

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 pm

I also have a buzz sound coming from the rear,sounds like from the loadbay area.It a real buzz sound almost like a game show buzzer.When i start the car it gives a quick buzz.
The guy at mitsu is stumped but said it might be the car picking up a "tow" unit.he said i must disconnect the tow socket.
Will give it a bash tonight and see if it solves the mystery
Sh
Shortie

Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:04 pm

JohnG wrote:
I also have a buzz sound coming from the rear,sounds like from the loadbay area.It a real buzz sound almost like a game show buzzer.When i start the car it gives a quick buzz.
The guy at mitsu is stumped but said it might be the car picking up a "tow" unit.he said i must disconnect the tow socket.
HI ,I have the same problem when hooking on my trailer.Buzzer sound coming from the back boot area ???
Gen 4 ,SWB, 2011 model ,3.8l V6
Has this mystery been solve ?
Any advise please?
PhilipM
Vehicle: Pajero LWB 3.2Did 2011 + Pajero SWB 3.2Did 2007

Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Do you perhaps have a rear view camera or sensors fitted? If it is an auto it will give a warning sound when moving from P to R to N to D when there is something attached to the hook. I’m guessing because mine give a buzz when I have something on the hook.
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Shortie wrote:
JohnG wrote:
HI ,I have the same problem when hooking on my trailer.Buzzer sound coming from the back boot area ???
Gen 4 ,SWB, 2011 model ,3.8l V6
Has this mystery been solve ?
Any advise please?
There is a "black box", with printed circuits and such, below the big depression in the boot where the 3rd row of seats fold into. You will find it by following the wiring from the towbar socket. The circuitry in that black box manages the trailer lights. It is my guess that the buzzing eminates from there.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sh
Shortie

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks for the info.
We suspect it is the led lights on the trailer that sounds the buzzer.
Hooked up other trailer with old type globes no problem.
Any advise?

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register