Speedometer

Wo
Wouter

Speedometer

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:48 pm

The speedometer on my 1999 Blister Fender stopped working. Anybody that had a similar problem that can help ?
tonton
Vehicle: 2007 3.8 GLS LWB (Gen 4)

Re: Speedometer

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am

Wouter,

Is the odometer still picking up km's?

Give us as much detail as possible, and the likelyhood will increase that someone may have your answer...

Anton
Pajero 3.8 GLS (A) LWB 2007 (Gen 4)
Pajero 3.5 GLS (M) LWB 2000 (Gen 2.5) SOLD
Pajero 3.5 GLS (A) LWB 1995 (Gen 2) SOLD
paw_by_paw
Vehicle: 3.5 L Pajero LWB Blister Fender

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Wouter,
The pick up of the odometer is situated on the gearbox .If you go under the vehicle from the passenger side there is big brown plug sticking clearly out from the gearbox. Check that it is connected correctly or fits in tight.
Take some electrical cleaner and spray it clean.
You might check all the fuses to ensure that you do not have a blown fuse somewhere.
Also check the wires from the pick up and see if if a wire is not broken some where.
If that is in order the fault might be on your PC board in console.
That is all I can say thus far to check
''Life Can Be Good - It Can Be Exceptional Too ' !!!
Wo
Wouter

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks guys will have look at the plug on gearbox. Anton the km is also not working. I did check the plugs on the back of the instrument panel and seems to be in order.
Ge
George

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:35 am

Hi there Wouter ,I have the exact same Pajero with the same problem.It started last week.Speedo and Odometer not working all of a sudden.I checked all the fuses under the bonnet ,all ok checked the pickup on the left side on the propshaft all seems ok.Dont know where else to check.Have you found any solution yet? Would like to hear if anyone can help. Thanks George.
Wo
Wouter

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:06 pm

No George still no luck. The next step is to take the pick-up to an auto electrician to measure and pinpoint where the problem is.
PierreGeorge
Vehicle: 1999 Pajero 2.8 TD Facelift

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 am

Hi Gents, I have the same problem on my 99 blister. Any solutions or fixes yet? Going by youtube, the speedo assembly looks like its more electrical than mechanical. I saw a nice fix of the same problem done on a mustang where the cause was a perished plastic gear inside the speedo. Any help will be greatly appreciated. - Pierre

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”