Speedometer

Wo
Wouter

Speedometer

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:48 pm

The speedometer on my 1999 Blister Fender stopped working. Anybody that had a similar problem that can help ?

to
tonton

Re: Speedometer

Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:24 am

Wouter,

Is the odometer still picking up km's?

Give us as much detail as possible, and the likelyhood will increase that someone may have your answer...

Anton
pa
paw_by_paw

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Wouter,
The pick up of the odometer is situated on the gearbox .If you go under the vehicle from the passenger side there is big brown plug sticking clearly out from the gearbox. Check that it is connected correctly or fits in tight.
Take some electrical cleaner and spray it clean.
You might check all the fuses to ensure that you do not have a blown fuse somewhere.
Also check the wires from the pick up and see if if a wire is not broken some where.
If that is in order the fault might be on your PC board in console.
That is all I can say thus far to check
Wo
Wouter

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:24 pm

Thanks guys will have look at the plug on gearbox. Anton the km is also not working. I did check the plugs on the back of the instrument panel and seems to be in order.
Ge
George

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:35 am

Hi there Wouter ,I have the exact same Pajero with the same problem.It started last week.Speedo and Odometer not working all of a sudden.I checked all the fuses under the bonnet ,all ok checked the pickup on the left side on the propshaft all seems ok.Dont know where else to check.Have you found any solution yet? Would like to hear if anyone can help. Thanks George.
Wo
Wouter

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:06 pm

No George still no luck. The next step is to take the pick-up to an auto electrician to measure and pinpoint where the problem is.
PierreGeorge
Vehicle: 1999 Pajero 2.8 TD Facelift

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 am

Hi Gents, I have the same problem on my 99 blister. Any solutions or fixes yet? Going by youtube, the speedo assembly looks like its more electrical than mechanical. I saw a nice fix of the same problem done on a mustang where the cause was a perished plastic gear inside the speedo. Any help will be greatly appreciated. - Pierre
GL
GLewis

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Wouter wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:48 pm
The speedometer on my 1999 Blister Fender stopped working. Anybody that had a similar problem that can help ?
Hi Wouter,

Did you resolve this problem with your speedometer ?
Have the same problem with mine which I think is the similar model - 1999 3litre SWB Petrol.
Gary Lewis
Wildcoast
Vehicle: 2002 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2Did

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:16 am

Hi Wouter,
I had a similar fault on my Japanese import Pajero - 1995 LWB 2.8 Turbo diesel. Lovely vehicle with many features not available on the local vehicles then. It had an automatic gearbox with electronic overdrive.
At 193,000 km suddenly the overdrive would not engage and the speedo stopped working.
It turned out to be a burned circuit on the back of the speedo. How or why no-one knows. I imported a new speedo unit from Japan hoping that this would solve the overdrive problem, as the speedo "talks" to the gearbox - but to no avail.
I've attached a couple of photos to give you an idea of the burnout.
Good luck & regards,
Roger
DSC_0653.jpg
DSC_0651.jpg
DSC_0650.jpg
Wildcoast
Vehicle: 2002 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2Did

Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:40 pm

Sorry Guys. Have only just seen that Wouter posted this Speedometer problem way back in 2011. Not sure why it's popped up now - except that Gary Lewis has also responded to it a few days ago.

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register