Gen 3 CD player - Replace or repair ?

na
naviuk

Re: Gen 3 CD player - Replace or repair ?

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:58 am

Hey all

I recently got my hands on my first pajero 2005 3.2DiD SWB :)

First port of call is to get a USB able cd player in the pajero.

Does anyone know where I can get the wiring harness to link factory to JVC

an
andrew.ashton

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:14 pm

naviuk wrote: Does anyone know where I can get the wiring harness to link factory to JVC
Pretty much any reputable car audio place should have these - they are standards based.
na
naviuk

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Found one on ebay for a whole R35 :)

now to figure out how the factory radio comes out :)
na
naviuk

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Found one on ebay for a whole R35 :)

now to figure out how the factory radio comes out :)
EricS
Vehicle: 2005 Pajero 3.2 DI D SWB

Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:32 pm

sixmaniac wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am
Personally I prefer the original radio and display.
I bought my 2003 DiD with a broken CD player(would not accept any CD’s) I removed the unit, opened it up, cleaned the lens, and it worked like a charm. Didn’t cost me a cent either. Let me know if you need help, I’ll gladly assist.
You can easily remove the radio by using 4 large pop rivets(as big as you can fit in the hole) Insert the long end of the rivets(the part that would normally go into the rivet gun) into each of the 4 holes. Gently squeeze the heads of the rivets(thick part sticking out) towards each other. Pull the radio out while you wiggle the radio slightly(by the rivets). As soon as the radio moved (about 5mm is enough) it means that the locks have released, so you can grab the radio and just pull it out.
To refit the radio, simply slide it into place (without rivets) while pulling the top of the radio towards you, and pushing the bottom in. This is to lift the back of the radio in order to ensure that the rubber mounting at the back finds its spot easily. Push the radio until you hear a “click”, as the locks engage again, preventing your radio from landing in the centre console.
If it’s true that the petrol model’s fuel calculations are also done by the radio, but you STILL insist on fitting an aftermarket radio, I would do the following:
Mount the old radio somewhere in/underneath the dash (you don’t need access to it) with the power and display connections attached, remove the speaker connections. Fit the new radio in its place’ connect it to the speakers and power, and Bob’s-ur Uncle! You have a brand new mp3 player in your face while the old radio is somewhere in the dark, quietly making fuel calculations for the display module! Note that the display module will display the old radio’s settings when selected although the sound will come from the new radio.
Let me know if you need help, I’ll gladly assist, otherwise any decent “sound shop” should be able to do this for you. If there is enough demand for this, I’m sure I can even make up a DIY wiring harness for this.

Hi, hope you are still around and can give some assistance. Firstly my radio keeps loosing the CT time thing after switching off and leaving for a while, the radia also will not switch on with the ignition if its been off for a few minutes (does come on if switched off for a few seconds), secondly the 6 disc CD charger does not come on at all, there is a display on the screen but the disc will not go into the charger. Any help would be appreciated...

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register