Ride quality on the Pajero

Gemaskerde Tuinvurk
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Re: Ride quality on the Pajero

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:57 am

moldie wrote:Anyone tried Tough Dog? Reason for asking: http://www.euro4x4parts.com/images/4wd_ ... gh_dog.pdf. Seems there are some gains to be made with different shocks/coils even with the monocoque chassis.

Hoping something can be done after rattling loose my fillings taking my 2008 LWB GLX through the Cederberg and Tankwa this past weekend.
I've installed their rear shocks - great so far. Towed a metalian maxi over some fairly corrugated gravel road and felt the usual solid form I love on these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl

Hu
Hugen0408

Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:15 pm

I thought I was the only one with this ride quality.
Few months ago I request some feedback on this. My car is a 1998 3.5 v6 lwb. But in GREAT condition. Suspension always been taken good care of.
My drive on corrugated was so abnormal and unpleasant, the engine management light just pop on with all the shudder.
Last week I took a trip to Port Nolloth and the corrugated ( sink plaat pad ) forced me to proceed further at a speed of 50kmh.
Wonderful car I must say. But I have driven plat karre that performs better on corugated gravel.
stevedcp
Vehicle: pajero 3.2 swb 2009

Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Hugen0408 wrote:I thought I was the only one with this ride quality.
Few months ago I request some feedback on this. My car is a 1998 3.5 v6 lwb. But in GREAT condition. Suspension always been taken good care of.
My drive on corrugated was so abnormal and unpleasant, the engine management light just pop on with all the shudder.
Last week I took a trip to Port Nolloth and the corrugated ( sink plaat pad ) forced me to proceed further at a speed of 50kmh.
Wonderful car I must say. But I have driven plat karre that performs better on corugated gravel.
These vehicle's are brilliant on corrugations at speeds above 60km/h, below that are very hard, I think that their suspension is brilliant, very robust, but big and heavy compared to others, so maybe that is the reason, slow speeds, the suspension doesn't work due to big and bulky parts, that's what I've observed.

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

bo
bobb

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:04 pm

I have fitted a Predder suspension system to my Sport and did Kgalagadi last year. handled the corrugations just fine. worthwhile investment?
Michael
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 2.5

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:55 pm

bobb wrote:I have fitted a Predder suspension system to my Sport and did Kgalagadi last year. handled the corrugations just fine. worthwhile investment?
Bob was it a full configuration - I.e. coils and shocks and is so what load rating coils were used.
Also do you mean Pedder ? As I was informed they don’t have a configuration for the Sport ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wy
Wynsam

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:21 pm

I have a 2009 Gen 4 LWB. Suspension mods are Bilstein shocks and OME springs. The OME springs are progressive. The Bilstein shocks are still like new after all these years. I have had this on the car for the last 150 000 km. It did take a number of spring fitment/options to find the right springs - OME has/had many options and we went through a couple of them till it was right. My installer was golden about this, they kept trying till it was right. Different constant weight springs were used for the front and back from what I can recall.

It changed the behavior of the car. I have done plenty of corrugations and although corrugations are still corrugations the car handles them just fine. Key, other than the suspension, is tyres and pressure, I leave mine on 1.4 bar in parks, have done Kgalagadi, Kruger, and many many other terrible corrugated roads like this. Please remember to raise tyre pressure as soon as your speed rises.

One other thing, Tyre choice, I specially choose tyres that are less off-road biased, the softer sidewalls also help. The car is so capable that an AT tyre does more than most of us need for 95% of the time. Especially for touring/long distance and towing. I have used the Conti AT, I find it one of the best on road and more than capable off road.
REAList
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DID GLS Swb

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:04 pm

Wynsam, I would really appreciate details on your setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Mitsu Fan
Vehicle: Pajero Gen 4 2015

Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:57 am

Wynsam wrote:I have a 2009 Gen 4 LWB. Suspension mods are Bilstein shocks and OME springs. The OME springs are progressive. The Bilstein shocks are still like new after all these years. I have had this on the car for the last 150 000 km. It did take a number of spring fitment/options to find the right springs - OME has/had many options and we went through a couple of them till it was right. My installer was golden about this, they kept trying till it was right. Different constant weight springs were used for the front and back from what I can recall.

It changed the behavior of the car. I have done plenty of corrugations and although corrugations are still corrugations the car handles them just fine. Key, other than the suspension, is tyres and pressure, I leave mine on 1.4 bar in parks, have done Kgalagadi, Kruger, and many many other terrible corrugated roads like this. Please remember to raise tyre pressure as soon as your speed rises.

One other thing, Tyre choice, I specially choose tyres that are less off-road biased, the softer sidewalls also help. The car is so capable that an AT tyre does more than most of us need for 95% of the time. Especially for touring/long distance and towing. I have used the Conti AT, I find it one of the best on road and more than capable off road.
Please please more details of your set up?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

allandell
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2DiD LWB AT

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:29 am

I think this is mainly a Tyre choice issue. My colt has bfg a/t and terrible on dirt roads, change to Goodyear duratrac and amazing on dirt roads.
My gen 3 2003 lwb pajero had Bridgestone dueller and as long as pressure was right it was not bad on gravel.
My current 1999gen 2.5 has not done much gravel yet but has bfg on which I am already finding very hard over bumps and will change them when they are finished to sonething else

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

Return to “Suspension, Steering and Brakes”

Login · Register