Page 1 of 2

SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 am
by Heine Muller
Morning, would like advise or recommendations on the following please.

I have to replace my control arm bushes, the options are polyurethane kits or aftermarket complete control arms.

Kits coming in at around R2600 and complete arms R5600 excl. fitment.

In your experience what is better ?

Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:15 pm
by RoelfleRoux
A few years ago I replaced the bushes by having new rubber bushes pressed into the existing control arms. Was done by N4 Suspension in Nelspruit without any fuss. They simply selected the required size bush from their racks, pushed it into the control arm and cut off the excess.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk



Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:09 pm
by CATS
I recently had the bushes replaced with poly units. I am very pleased with the result after I was worried that it might be too harsh compared to original rubber.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk


Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:07 am
by RoelfleRoux
CATS wrote:I recently had the bushes replaced with poly units. I am very pleased with the result after I was worried that it might be too harsh compared to original rubber.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
That is good to know. I was lead to believe they could be harsh.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:01 am
by Michael
CATS wrote:I recently had the bushes replaced with poly units. I am very pleased with the result after I was worried that it might be too harsh compared to original rubber.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
I also replaced with Poly’s but find them extremely noisy / squeaky - had them oiled but didn’t help much
Cats are yours noisy ? And where did you get them done ?
I also asked Mitsubishi To quote on oem’s and they want R10k - bloody ridiculous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:02 am
by Michael
Heine Muller wrote:Morning, would like advise or recommendations on the following please.

I have to replace my control arm bushes, the options are polyurethane kits or aftermarket complete control arms.

Kits coming in at around R2600 and complete arms R5600 excl. fitment.

In your experience what is better ?
Heine - where are you getting these prices from - they are very reasonable ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:49 pm
by CATS
Mine is very quiet. No sound. I only did front so not sure if the back can have an effect. I had mine done at Syd's Suspension in Pretoria.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk


Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:48 pm
by Michael
Thanks Cats


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:34 pm
by CATS
The new yellow bushes in the photo are the ones I had done plus ball joints.

CATSImage

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk


Re: SUSPENSION BUSHES

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:21 pm
by Mitsu Fan
CATS wrote:The new yellow bushes in the photo are the ones I had done plus ball joints.

CATSImage

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
You jacked you Paj up took of the wheel just for this post?
Now that is commitment!


Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk