All Terrain Tyres on a tight budget ...what would you choose?

Francois Bosch
Vehicle: 2005 Pajero GLX 3.2 D-ID

Re: All Terrain Tyres on a tight budget ...what would you choose?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 am

I know this discussion is more than a month old but wanted to mention that I have (also due to budget) gone for the Goodyear - Wrangler AT/SA+ (the old AT/SA is discontinued). I must say it has surprised me in terms of comfort, grip, noise (or lack thereof) and wear.

I have been to Lesotho in snow, Swaziland gravel, survived our GP rain storms, driven lots of gravel roads, did one quick impromptu rock climb and drive 150km or more per day of tar on weekdays and never have the tires been anything but a pleasure. In fact, if finances start looking up I might not even buy BFG AT's again.

In context, I went for tall and skinny (235/85R16) and fitted factory steel rims.
Francois Bosch
Vehicle: 2005 Pajero GLX 3.2 D-ID

Re: All Terrain Tyres on a tight budget ...what would you choose?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 am

I know this discussion is more than a month old but wanted to mention that I have (also due to budget) gone for the Goodyear - Wrangler AT/SA+ (the old AT/SA is discontinued). I must say it has surprised me in terms of comfort, grip, noise (or lack thereof) and wear.

I have been to Lesotho in snow, Swaziland gravel, survived our GP rain storms, driven lots of gravel roads, did one quick impromptu rock climb and drive 150km or more per day of tar on weekdays and never have the tires been anything but a pleasure. In fact, if finances start looking up I might not even buy BFG AT's again.

In context, I went for tall and skinny (235/85R16) and fitted factory steel rims.

Return to “Rims and Tyres”