Wrangler vs Dueler vs Grabber

Nojotian
Vehicle: Gen 3 Pajero 3.5 V6 GDI

Wrangler vs Dueler vs Grabber

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi guys! I have just acquired a 1999 3.5V6 GDI and wondering which will be the best tyre to fit between the Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA , Bridgestone Dueller AT and the General Grabber A/W. Most driving will be on tar but I don't want to get caught out when I do venture off-road.

Nick Gibson
Vehicle: 2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB (AKA Pedro 2.0)

Re: Wrangler vs Dueler vs Grabber

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Stay away from the grabber AW, cheap and nasty not a good off-road tyre. Bit of a toss up between the dueller and wrangler, both mediocre in my opinion and I have had both. Rather look at the Michelin all terrain tyres, they are excellent rounders and give excellent milage. 80-100k km. Also look at the hankook dynapro or pirelli scorpion which I currently have on my Pajero and am very pleased with.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Nicholas Gibson

2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD Auto LWB
Mods:
ARB front bumper, OME, Lynx Bash Plate, Lynx Rock-sliders, Lynx rear steel bumper, Front Runner 40lt Long range tank, Madman EMS2 with EGT, dual battery system, 700FF spots

Corsa 1.4 Club (swambo)

Cape Town

"In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker." - Woody Allen
JVJoubert
Vehicle: Pajero3.2 GLS 2014 & Triton 3.2

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 pm

My recommendation stay away from all three, Dueler gets spongy and don't know the rest. My best results is the Yokohama G093 excellent all over with good km. Also try the Michelin.
KaiV
Vehicle: Pajero

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:15 pm

I agree with the above.

The Duelers tend to puncture VERY easily, at least they did with me.
I put BFG ATR on and did some 75000Km with them.

I now have the Hankook ATR's on. I am pleased with them so far. Good in the wet and dry. Have not had them offroad yet, but I am sure they will give a lot of others a run for their money
Jh
JhbDarrel

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:54 pm

I have been running Duellers for the last 7 or 8 years now on Hilux's, Cruiser, Triton and now on my Pajero. I love them and have had only 3 punctures (Touch Wood) in ±600 000km of travels. Out of those three I would take the Duellers. I was keen to give the Kumho's a bash on my Pajero now but decided to stick with what I knew plus I got them for R600 cheaper than the Kumho's.
Nojotian

Sat May 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Hi guys. How good are the General Grabber AT? Read an article in Leisure Wheels magazine where they came out tops. Are they a good option for 80% tar and 20% off-road?
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Sun May 18, 2014 9:32 am

I had General Grabber AT on a Disco4 that I owned for a while. They were very good off road and decent on road. They also looked the part when fitted. I dont know what mileage they would give as I sold the vehicle. My only criticism would be that they had a terrible rumble and hum around 100km/h which unfortunately ruined a perfectly good tyre otherwise.

CATS

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Th
TheQk1

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:54 pm

everyone is silent on the Wrangles? I bought my Pajero two weeks ago with the Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA 265/75/R15. The spare tyre is done for and before buying another I tried to find out some more about the Wranglers on forums. Without any luck I turned to Google and found this site -

http://www.goodyear.eu/za_en/tires/4x4/wrangler-at-sa/

- and the tyre looks good for the price (1,600) per tyre compared to BFG and Coopertires STT or S/T Maxx that cost some bucks!

Any advice?
Ch
Chum

Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Quite entertaining to read about one member's opinion on tyres and the next member saying the opposite :roll: Never-the-less, other members opinions are always appreciated.
I for instance have Grabbers on my Colt and Disco4 and just love them. Don't know how many kilo's they will give, but they were cheaper than the others, quiet, handles superbly on the tar and off-road, good on wet tar and looks good on the vehicle. Cruised the other day at about 170 kph and no hassle with handling. Have done some rough 4x4ing, but haven't exposed them to nasty rocks and stones yet, so I do not know the side-wall strength.
I have also surfed the web to read reports about the Grappers, got to a couple of sites and could not really find someone that was not happy - must admit these reviews were mostly overseas.
Nojotian

Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Hie Guys,
I finally fitted Grabber ATs, Love them except the rumble which is being hushed by increasing radio volume. :lol: Now thinking of fitting rear diff lock since the ex Jap Pajero comes without it. Where can I get this done? Preferably in Harare or Limpopo if possible.

Return to “Rims and Tyres”

Login · Register