Steering vibration

An
Andrew.dua

Steering vibration

Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:28 pm

I have a 2015 Pajero Exceed with 17" tyres. From the beginning I can't seem to get rid of the vibration between 120-140, they replaced the Dunlop tyres with Yokohama but it didn't make much of a difference. I have done wheel balancing numerous times, any suggestions? Different tyre brand? Anyone else with a similar issue?

Th
Theodorus

Re: Steering vibration

Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:43 pm

i had my wheels ballanced by qiuck fit then i had the sam problem i then wnet to wheel and tiger and they re did it and its now all good
does a mag place not check the rims maybe there is a problem there just a thought
Ja
Jabulani

Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:49 pm

I had a similar problem with my Gen4 Pajero Exceed. I went to TWT in the Vaal, it didn't go and when I arrived in Nelspruit I went to TWT in the town and they fixed the problem at once.
mulderpm
Vehicle: Pajero DID 3.2 Diesel 2005

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:12 pm

I had the same problem. After doing balancing, rotation and even replacing one of the tyres the problem persisted. In the end the cause was a warped brake disk. Mitsubishi skimmed all the disks and the problem was solved. I Just wonder how the disk got warped?

PS: The problem tyre/wheel was also running 10 deg hotter than all the others. The hub was so hot you could not touch it!!
GGersbach
Vehicle: Pajero DID SWB 2013

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm

I have a 2012 SWB. It also vibrates, but more when breaking when travelling downhill at around 100 plus km/h. Had the brake pads and discs replaced. Went better after wheel balancing , but still vibrating a bit. Wondered if it could be wheel bearings?

Return to “Rims and Tyres”

Login · Register