Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

re
redvers

Re: Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi.

1. Will he have enough information to manufacture?
Yes, there is enough to manufacture with a bit of tweaking at present. There was a 5mm angle mod on the outer panel, but this is not on the drawing yet. I am waiting for Thinus to measrue the mod up. If some wants to start, I would first tack weld and assemble, do mods and then complete the weld. this way, we have enough
2. Am I allowed to use it for myself?
Thinus has said that we can use to manufacture for own use
3. how big was the mod on the waterbottle?
As far as I know, it involved cutting the bottle and then plastic welding together again. Nothing major

Just be aware that a slim winch was.used and that Thinus has another idea to lower the plate for a different winch. He is currently out of the country and will respond when back.

Pm me if you need to discuss further and I will send you my no

No
Nodger

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Please guys, I logged on my husbands pc...

He is driving me up the walls over this thread. Please can someone just send him something so that he can start with his bumper..... He drives me nuts!!!! I must admit after seeing the bumper I understand why he is like a little boy.

By the way, thank you for being prepared to share this information. With the money we can save by doing this ourself I can spoil him with something lacey for me and something he could use to finish this project....

Thanx guys.

Mrs Nodger

PS. His e-mail : nodger at telkomsa.net
to
tonton

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Nodger wrote:Please guys, I logged on my husbands pc...

He is driving me up the walls over this thread. Please can someone just send him something so that he can start with his bumper..... He drives me nuts!!!! I must admit after seeing the bumper I understand why he is like a little boy.

By the way, thank you for being prepared to share this information. With the money we can save by doing this ourself I can spoil him with something lacey for me and something he could use to finish this project....

Thanx guys.

Mrs Nodger

PS. His e-mail : nodger@............
:lol: Sorry ma'am, we're all nuts here!

(BTW Careful with e-mail addresses on the net. Others that are even more nuts than us mines for addresses and then spam-bombs it!)
re
redvers

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi Mrs Nodger

Nuts we all are. I will send you what I have tomorrow.

Patience is a virtue
No
Nodger

Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just a word of thanx to my Missus and Redvers. It was a complete supprise to open my mail and find the mail you sent. Ofcourse I called the Missus to share my delight, when she told me to go and have a look at this fred again. Well what can I say..... Cant wait to start...

Thanx again.

Nodger
re
redvers

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi All

Just a follow up to see if anybody has manufactured thier bumper yet
4x
4x4 Outthere

Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Everybody
Yes it will be nice to know if anybody has made one yet.
Please if you need more info let me know.
Fi
Fielies

Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:14 pm

our drawings is finished but not yet manufactured. we used the drawings sent by redvers, stole ideas everywhere and came up with a awesome design but it's only applicable for the little io. will make time to post a pic soon
We
Wessel

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi,

Stunning bumper. Just one question, hope its not a silly one. Are those high lift jacking points on the bumper ? I am sure I read somewhere that high lift jacking points cannot be fitted to the Gen 3 due to the monocoque chassis. In other words, is it fine to use high lift jack if a complete aftermarket bumper with jacking points is fitted ?
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:26 am

Wessel wrote:Hi,

Stunning bumper. Just one question, hope its not a silly one. Are those high lift jacking points on the bumper ? I am sure I read somewhere that high lift jacking points cannot be fitted to the Gen 3 due to the monocoque chassis. In other words, is it fine to use high lift jack if a complete aftermarket bumper with jacking points is fitted ?
jacking from a bumper that is attached to the chassis or jacking from the chassis itself is much of a muchness.

the car gets jacked up for wheel changes so why would a hi lift be different.

the gen3 body is very strong! don't let the internet stories of sour grapes tell you otherwise!

wPXixsvjDjY

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register