Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

re
redvers

Re: Do It Yourself

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi All

I have redrawn the end sections of the bumper in cad that has been posted. I am willing to redraw the winch plate section when it is posted. If Tinus has no objection, i am willing to give those who are interrested a copy so that they can manufacture one for themselves.

I have redrawn this as close as possible from converting the Jpeg files to cad and then redrawing as close as posible to the sizes that have been supplied

ha
harras

Re: Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:28 am

Hi Redvers
I would realy like a copy if it is OK with Tinus :?: . Been in the market for a front bumper for some time, but could not justify the 15K :!: they ask.
re
redvers

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi All

Here is the preview of the bumper as discussed. Sending files to Gerrit as I do not seem the manage to get it attached

I will upload cad files lateras I have not yet done all dimensions
Gerrit Loubser
Vehicle: 2003 Pajero Gen 3 DiD LWB A/T

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Here are the images that Redvers sent me.

Just a note for what it is worth: BMP format files are not allowed as attachments, so just convert them to JPG format using Paint, Irfanview or whatever and Bob's your auntie's husband...
Attachments
bumper upright.JPG
Gerrit Loubser Image

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 VX TD

2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T Gone & missed :-(

1999 Nissan Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T: Gone & missed :-(

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T: SOLD
4x
4x4 Outthere

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:01 pm

HI
Hi Guys back in SA.
Looks like I was a wanted man? Redvers You can contact if you want to...will gladly help
re
redvers

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Tunis

Thanks, send me a pm with your details and I will contact you. If you have a drawing of the center piece it, will help to get the bumper finished and then the first one can be made.
re
redvers

Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi All

Just a feedback regarding the bumper design. Thinus and I are working on a few modifications that he made to the bumper and we will keep you informed as soon as we have finished the drawings> I have recieved these tonight and will workon them. Thinus is stillgoing to check the modification he did tothe outer brackets as he had to angle them by 5 mm to get them to seat correctly.There is also a restraint regarding the type of winch tht he used,but this we will give more detailon later as he is out of the country at present.

For those that are handy men, this should be a simple task and even from what we have already, you should be able to manufacture now with a few tweeks before completely welding together. just need to draw the center piece in cad as I only recieved this tonight

PM me and I can send all I have sofar

Different views.JPG
Bumper+060.JPG
Bumper+069.JPG
Bumper+061.JPG
Center piece.jpg
Bumper+075.JPG
Ge
Gertjie

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:07 pm

It look great wish i new where you got the bumper from
re
redvers

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Hi

This is a bumper that Thinus made himself. I have made drawing for those who want to make their own. We are just waiting for a few changes that Thinus made so that I can update the drawings and them you can make one. Thinus will give details regarding the winch spec used. Hope this helps
koevoet
Vehicle: 3.2 DiD GLX 2005

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:26 pm

This is fantastic! Will you guys tell us when it is at the stage where we can give it to a manafacturer to do one for me?
1. Will he have enough information to manufacture?
2. Am I allowed to use it for myself?
3. how big was the mod on the waterbottle?
Thanks
Live everyday to its fullest, tomorrow is a bonus!

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register