Gen1 with a Gen3 Heart / My Gen1 3.2 Di-D Build Up

ch
charlieboy

Re: Gen1 with a Gen3 Heart / My Gen1 3.2 Di-D Build Up

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:16 am

I'm not sure if it does come with the turbo and pump.

No but thanks for the heads up - just had a long chat with him..

Me
Mervluis

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:36 am

I've read this article a few times during the last year or two. What an incredible job! I salute you 4ePajero! You deserve a Bells!! Met eish ook nog! Really! :)

The reason for being even more interested is that I am in possesion of a Gen1 Pajero (1989 Turbowagon) myself. I had big dreams for it. However I'm not technical enough at all.. and children attending university doesn't make it easy on the finances!

Therefore after long and serious thinking I decided to find out if there is somebody out there looking for a Gen1?

It is also the 2.5 Turbo Diesel engine but with automatic gearbox. I spent R15,000 on the gearbox in 2012! However it had a crack in the cylinder head last year. I bought a brand new cylinder head which somebody installed for me but it seems that the engine overheated as it is smoking. I didn't use it for the best part of a year now. The body and paint is still original and in very good condition for a vehicle which is 25 years old. Odometer only 278,530 km. Colour Metallic Blue with grey interiour, electric windows etc. I will post some photos!

One problem is that is registered in Swaziland but I don't think it is too much of a problem. I already spoke to a policeman about it. I've got some papers for it and the license was last renewed in 2012.

This is a big decision for me.. which my wife actually made for me! I'll post this in Classifieds also..

Hennie Venter
4ePajero
Vehicle: 1989 Pajero LWB

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for the compliment.

Sad part of the story is that the Pajero snapped the input shaft on the gearbox. I have decided not to fix it, but either sell as is (it will cost R8500 plus fitting for an exchange gearbox), or sell it as parts.

Unfortunately there is no way you can register a Swaziland vehicle in SA. That option changed some 10 yrs ago.
My brother had one, and he eventually sold it as scrap.

The scary part is that if SARS gets hold of it, they confiscate it without compensation!

Sent by 4e, from my iPad using Forum Runner
ch
chinas

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Good day. My respect, 4ePajero.
I want to do same swap on my pajero gen2. Could you help me with 3.2 Di-D electric/wiring manual?

Thank you in advance.
ch
chinas

Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Is 4ePajero still active on this forum?
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:15 am

chinas wrote:Is 4ePajero still active on this forum?

Yes he is.

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register