Nice idea for a bike rack for a Gen3

Da
Davidvan

Nice idea for a bike rack for a Gen3

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am

Here is a great idea for a bike rack for the inside of the Gen3 - can come in handy:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/sho ... hp?t=23603
Attachments
BR5.jpg
BR4.jpg
BR3.jpg
BR2.jpg
BR1.jpg

St
Stephan

Re: Nice idea for a bike rack for a Gen3

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:36 am

That is very nice.

I used a similar method for bicycle transport when I was still driving my old faithful 2007 Opel Corsa Utility 1.8.

I could fit three mountain bikes in the back by using these quick release clamps, and the bikes were safe inside the canopy.

This method however is not SWB compatible, so now i use a towbar mounted bike rack, where the bikes actually stand on the rack, which is a few country miles better than a rack where the bikes hang on the rack.
pierreandre
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 GLS

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 am

Just check that your bike will actually fit. My bike is an extra large size (I'm tall), so it only fits when at an angle due to its long wheelbase, even with the front wheel removed. I can however fit in two bikes with some luggage with some effort.
Pierre-Andre
2001 Pajero 3.5 GLS LWB
2001 Colt 3000i 4x4 D/C (SOLD)
pierreandre
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 GLS

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:02 am

Stephan wrote: so now i use a towbar mounted bike rack, where the bikes actually stand on the rack, which is a few country miles better than a rack where the bikes hang on the rack.
I also use one of those, mounted on the towbar, but it drives me crazy that you cannot open the rear door with the bikes on. I'm looking for a carrier that's mounted on the spare wheel, but where the bikes stand on the rack. Those carriers that you hang the bikes on tend to damage the bikes over time, especially if you have an oversized (thick tubes) like on my Scott.

I'm considering modifying my Thule carrier to mount on the spare wheel, but it might be a big mission.
Pierre-Andre
2001 Pajero 3.5 GLS LWB
2001 Colt 3000i 4x4 D/C (SOLD)
ma
macjohnw

Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:50 am

Cool idea, just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register