Pajero Gen 3 Lexus V8 conversion

st
stig351

Re: Pajero Gen 3 Lexus V8 conversion

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 pm

hi Andref.
i have a 1998 pajero evo with a shot motor,i am fitting a 1uz ls400 motor,my friend workes in a engineering shop but it is are first conversion of this type!!
just wondering if you would have the CAD drawings for the adapter plate,flywheel and spigot bearing carrier,,,it would be a huage help to us...
thanks in addvance :)

an
andref

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi there

Let me check with the guys that did mine and see if they have it on hand. Just a note though, mine was a 2000 model Gen3 manual and the gearbox side might be different to yours.

Andre
st
stig351

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:56 pm

that would be great ..thanks so much.. :D
i think the bolt pattern is the same..it defiantly looks the same from your pictures
hope they have them now..it will seriously speed up this project
thanks again :D :D
st
stig351

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Hi.. Just wondering if you had a chance to ask the guys in the machine shop about CAD drawings for adapter plate and flywheel yet? Starting to get wintery hear now.. Haha
Thanks
an
andref

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi there

Yes, sorry, been a bit hectic lately. I'll chase him again. He said it would not be a problem to supply the CAD's to us.

Andre
st
stig351

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 pm

That would be great.. Thanks
If your too busy I could try contact them directly..
My machine guy is eager to get going on it as the winter is coming soon..
Thanks again
an
andref

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Ok, we finally managed to dig the files up, so here they are.

The zip contains the CAD for the flywheel (standard 4M41 clutch kit) to fit the 1UZ as well as the adaptor between the 1UZ and the 4M41 manual gearbox.

If you need any further info, feel free to mail craig (at) harpersportscars (dot) com as he is the guy that made these up.
1UZ_CAD_FLY_and_ADP.zip
1UZ adaptor and flywheel CAD
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 727 times
st
stig351

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 pm

thats great,,thanks a million man..
i will let you know how we get on
chris
pj
pjjimbo

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:23 am

Hi Andre and Stig, from New Zealand, some good info here.
I have just got a 2001 SWB DiD body minus the engine, have been throwing around the idea of a 1UZFE transplant.

Mine has the V5A5 tiptronic auto in it, which I hear is hard to mate to the 1UZ.
Can I have an opinion - should I go manual conversion (Andre did you use the V5M31 box?) or go 4speed pajero auto? I would prefer manual but I cannot find any info on a manual conversion in this shape Pajero.

How's your conversion going Stig?
What specs are you running?

Cheers guys
ch
chesmari

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:40 am

pjjimbo wrote:Hi Andre and Stig, from New Zealand, some good info here.
I have just got a 2001 SWB DiD body minus the engine, have been throwing around the idea of a 1UZFE transplant.

Mine has the V5A5 tiptronic auto in it, which I hear is hard to mate to the 1UZ.
Can I have an opinion - should I go manual conversion (Andre did you use the V5M31 box?) or go 4speed pajero auto? I would prefer manual but I cannot find any info on a manual conversion in this shape Pajero.

How's your conversion going Stig?
What specs are you running?

Cheers guys
I asked spitronics about using the V5A51 for my conversion but they said that there's not a whole lot of info about it to make it work with their TCU and I have yet to see anyone using the V5A51 with a UZ engine. I am going the route of using the AISIN A340F transmission since there's plenty of it around.

HTH

Ryan

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register