V8 Lexus in 3.2DID

Mo
Monty

V8 Lexus in 3.2DID

Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 am

Hallo Guys
I have a 2001 3,2 DID that I have had the motor rebuilt 3 times in the last 4 years. I want to install a V8 Lexus or similar motor into the Pajero. Has this been done or can somebody suggest a different motor transplant.

la
larry007

Re: V8 Lexus in 3.2DID

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:39 pm

Yes, it can be done! I got my 2.8TDi with a heart transplant back on Friday, and boy, what a transformation :shock:

The 3.2DiD is more tricky on the electronic management side of things, especialle in getting the extras to work nicely, i.e. aircon. The workshop struggled an extra couple of days with a 3.2 prior to fixing mine, but got it all sorted in the end. Check for a workshop with a good track record that will garrentee all will work, and you should be OK. They should also indicate upfront what costs they cover in their quote, i.e. radiator, exhaust, battery, clutch, properly engineered adaptor plate, moving of gearbox results in propshaft longer/shorter and balancing, aircon reconnected, etc. Also, be prepared to fork out some $$$$'s, if less than 45k, expect something skimpy, or they are working for free....

Only point of concern is resale and petrol prices. If you intend to keep and enjoy the vehicle, then do the conversion properly. You'll save some on services, the smiles and power should amence for the extra fuel costs :D

Good luck!
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:49 am

I have my dad's pajero at my house which I'm stripping. The 3.2 engine in it is perfect.

Instead of rebuilding or drop in the lexus, why not buy this engine and be done with it. It will be cheaper than a lexus conversion.
Mo
Monty

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 am

4ePikanini wrote:I have my dad's pajero at my house which I'm stripping. The 3.2 engine in it is perfect.

Instead of rebuilding or drop in the lexus, why not buy this engine and be done with it. It will be cheaper than a lexus conversion.
What do you want for the engine and how many km on the motor??
4ePajero
Vehicle: 1989 Pajero LWB

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:41 am

Monty wrote: What do you want for the engine and how many km on the motor??
The engine is 100%.
The Pajero stopped when the main shaft to the transmission snapped!
The exact km distance on the engine is not known, but from my records, it should be less than 100000km. It was purchased out of a crashed SWB and the seller claimed that it had 36000kms on when they bought it.
When I fitted the engine, I fitted a brand new turbo.
If you are interested I can send you a video of the engine running.

The engine will be sold with all peripherals, including the wiring loom, so a good electrician should be able to tie in the wiring with little effort. (I have an PDF version of the factory wiring manual, which will be included in the sale).

I would like to have R40000 onco for the engine.
It is located in East London, and you will be liable for the courier costs.
Gerhard Fourie
If you want to shoot somebody, make sure you aim at his head, not your own foot.
Me
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:47 am

I believe in his case, no wiring would be needed.

He can just swap the engine.
4ePajero
Vehicle: 1989 Pajero LWB

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 am

Marius, if you have time, please take a video of the engine running, and post here.
Gerhard Fourie
If you want to shoot somebody, make sure you aim at his head, not your own foot.
Me
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:34 am

4ePajero wrote:Marius, if you have time, please take a video of the engine running, and post here.
I'll see what I can do.

The transmission is removed so the rear support is not there for the engine. I'll have to charge up the battery and brace the engine. I'll see if I can do it by the weekend.

I can vouch for the engine though, as I was behind the wheel when it was towed to my place and I had the engine running to provide power steering brakes.
Mrme4u
Vehicle: 1997 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5v6

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:29 pm

4ePajero wrote:Marius, if you have time, please take a video of the engine running, and post here.
Hi Gerard
I just started my 97 Pajero Blister fender to 1UZ Lexus V8 engine swap.

I remember you did a swap before. My plan with the transmission is to take the Lexus shaft and gears transfer that to the Pajero auto transmission.
What are the things i need to be careful with.
How will i control the transmission
1. With the Lexus ECU
2. With the Pajero ECU
3. Both

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register