DIY Off-Road Caravan

Travel in style, or perhaps not? What to take, What to leave behind.
jo
jotto

Re: DIY Off-Road Caravan

Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi Thinus

Safe driving and shout when you are back so we can put the caravan on the chassis. ;)
Also been working on a great idea for the fridge slide rollers that will make the whole setup easier. :idea:

Cheers

Johann

KaiV
Vehicle: Pajero

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm

[/quote]
Hi KaiV

I ordered a what they call a Rub-Axe. Commonly use on Caravans. I just went up on the loading capacity of the axel to 1,8 Tonnes. The axel has its own mounting bracket which i Just bolt on to my Chassis with 8 off M16 x 30mm 8,8 Bolts, Nylock nuts and washers.[/quote]

Please post some pics:)
4x
4x4 Outthere

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 am

jotto wrote:Hi Thinus

Safe driving and shout when you are back so we can put the caravan on the chassis. ;)
Also been working on a great idea for the fridge slide rollers that will make the whole setup easier. :idea:

Cheers

Johann
Hi
I will give a shout and thanks for your assitants.

KaiV
I will post some photos when I am Back in SA
4x
4x4 Outthere

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi Guys
Just an update. I finished the support frame for the pop up roof this weekend and the brackets for the gas shocks. I also decided to make some brackets with some castor wheels and bolt that to the caravan to enable me to move it around. Sometimes it just too difficult to get gyus together to assist to carry it around
Attachments
Karavaan 006.JPG
Karavaan 004.JPG
Karavaan 002.JPG
Karavaan 001.JPG
jo
jotto

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:04 am

Hey Thinus

Hy kom nou mooi aan nê! :D

Johann
fa
familyman

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi Thinus.

I have just spent the last hour going through this from start to finish. I am blown away man, it is incredible :o :o . I will be following every step. please hurry up, I cant wait to see the finished product.

Cheers.

Dean
4x
4x4 Outthere

Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:22 pm

familyman wrote:Hi Thinus.

I have just spent the last hour going through this from start to finish. I am blown away man, it is incredible :o :o . I will be following every step. please hurry up, I cant wait to see the finished product.

Cheers.

Dean
Hi Dean
Thanks for your comments. The progress is a bit on the slow side , because of me being out of the country a lot. But I will keep on posting.
Wi
Wilddog

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:04 am

Hi Thinus,
fantastic work and excellent quality. You have obviously spent alot of time thinking about the design. I work in Boksburg so not too far away from you. If you need a hand give me a shout. I will PM my details.

Wilddog.
Re
Remital

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Shew,

I have come across this thread and am interested to know what is the status of this project.

From what I can see it is going to be fantastic.
Di
Dirk Gertenbach

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 am

Hi Thinus
I would like to know if you could give more size or so on the caravan. Or could I get the drawings from somwhere.
my E-mail is Dirk.Gertenbach@lonmin.com
I have been following postings and do you have a picture of the completed caravan.

Return to “Overlanding / Camping / Trail Equipment”

Login · Register