Offroad Trailers

Travel in style, or perhaps not? What to take, What to leave behind.
4ePajero
Vehicle: 1989 Pajero LWB

Re: Offroad Trailers

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:35 am

SimonB wrote: What does intruige me though is the total lack of smaller trailers which are basically a mobile covered kitchen and storage. The Tent is not for me a massive advantage, but an undercover kitchen is.
You lost me!
Say more, please.

Gerhard Fourie
If you want to shoot somebody, make sure you aim at his head, not your own foot.
Me
SimonB
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2017 Nissan X-Trail

Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:19 am

4ePajero wrote: You lost me!
Say more, please.
Well, there are no smaller trailers (that I have seen) which are basically more lightweight than the typical offroader, which are more biased to kitchen facilities without the need to carry tents, so would basically carry your foodstuffs, cooking apparatus, fridge, washing up and tables, a couple of chairs and a lightwieght ground tent.
Simon Bloomer
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Simon,

Here is my
smaller trailer which is basically a mobile covered kitchen and storage

It is cheap and light weight and always eager to please.

4ePajero will be glad to see enough tables, comfy chairs, 70L 3-way freezer, wash-up facilities. I don't do the electric cable thing though. Paraffin and candles light our camp at night. All the other tools and stuff go in the nose cone. The SWB Paj doesn't have that wonderful storage well, when the 3rd seat is removed of my previous 5door where i used to stick the tools and emergency stuff.
Attachments
100_3909.jpg
A normal camp, this one at Richtersberg for a week.
100_4027.jpg
Close up of kitchen
100_4097.jpg
If follows where the Pajero leads
Malcolm
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DID swb 2005

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Try Eagle trailers. I have one of their smaller luggage trailers which is fibreglass and of excellent quality. They have an offroad version called a Kalahari, which might meet your requirements.

Rgds
Malcolm
ex
expat

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:11 pm

I have just done a 5000km Namibia trip with my Mini Metalian :mrgreen: I will go out on a limb and say that there is not another trailer that will match it with build quality,I will not even speak about after sales service.One does hardly know its behind you.One very happy client. :D

Return to “Overlanding / Camping / Trail Equipment”

Login · Register