Download from i-pod to pc

Radios, GPS etc
va
vanzyln

Download from i-pod to pc

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:50 pm

My "old" computer has crashed and is now corrupted to such an extent that it is not worth repairing. Hence i have bought a new pc, the question now is how to get all my music that is currently on my i-pod onto my new pc....from what i understand; if i connect my i-pod to the new pc it will sync with the new pc which obviously has no music on it yet and therefore all my music on i-pod collected over the years will be wiped out

vanzyln

4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Re: Download from i-pod to pc

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:58 pm

there should be a way to sync the ipod to pc with the ipod music taking preference.
SimonB
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2017 Nissan X-Trail

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:58 pm

In iTunes when you first connect there is an option to transfer from your iPod/iPhone. Do NOT sync before you do this.
Simon Bloomer
superairborne
Vehicle: 2006 Pajero GLX 3.2 DID LWB A/T (Sold)

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 am

Download Sharepod from the internet. It will let you copy your music from your iPod to your computer.

DO NOT sync iTunes with your iPod before you are sure that all your music has been transfered to your computer AND actually shows up in iTunes, else iTunes will wipe your iPod clean in an attempt to avoid copyright infringements.
2006 Pajero GLX 3.2 DiD LWB A/T, aux battery system, roof rack, tow bar, 9000 Lumen LED Light Bar, Speedo Cruise (Bestech AutoCruise)
4ePajero
Vehicle: 1989 Pajero LWB

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:31 am

I thought Microsoft was bad, in that it tried to control my PC the way they wanted, but I am very annoyed at Apple's "Big Brother" attitude.

The above posts confirm their attitude of deciding what you will have on your iPod / iPad.

I installed Google Earth from the US AppStore, but when I logged on to the SA AppStore, to download an app that is only available on the SA AppStore, it wiped Google Earth. No warning, no message, just did it!

Sure it says SA AppStore does not "sell" Google Earth, but who is Apple to decide what I have on my iPad? :shock:
Gerhard Fourie
If you want to shoot somebody, make sure you aim at his head, not your own foot.
Me
Ge
GertM

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:10 pm

I dont understand all this, but I am an Android fan! :D

Return to “Communication and Navigation Equipment”

Login · Register