Trip to Sabi Lowveld

Tell us where your Pajero has taken you.
Wi
Witwarm

Trip to Sabi Lowveld

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 am

Hi Guys,

We decided to take a little trip to Sabi over the easter weekend, what a pleasure. We started of 04:00 Sturday morning at home(Secunda) and took the road to Bethal - Hendrina(stopped for a smoky) - Carolina(stopped for a smoky) and headed straight for Sabi. We quickly stopped at the lodge(Eagle Creek) to drop off the extra luggage(and have a quick smoky).It took us about 4 and a half hours to get to the lodge, guess its all the smoke breaks..oh ja,and being the only male in the vehicle between 4 females. :lol: Fuel consumption to Sabi was good at an average of about 9,6km/l,going up and down the passes. Sunday it was of to Pilgrimsrest, Gheezzz that was a steep climb topping at 1850m on the alti meter, fuel consumption went down to 8,8km/l. The little town is not what anybody would expect anymore,some of the little shops closed down due to "Unknown" reasons...Well after the Pilgrims trip it was time to head home.We left the little town at about 16:20 and arrived back home at 20:00 not bad considering a couple of stops along the way to refill etc etc. Fuel consumption went down to 8.0km/l on a average of 140km/h on cruise control. Keeping in mind the weight of the vehicle, luggage, altitudes, stops and driving speed I am :D :D with the vehicle,oh ja,the vehicle is a 2005 3.2 DID GLS Long wheel base with 251 540 kms on the clock.

Ro
RoelfleRoux

Re: Trip to Sabi Lowveld

Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:07 pm

If you want to see the "real" Lowveld, you should join us for our annual Tie In The Dots adventure in Barberton.

Sent from my GT-I9305
Wi
Witwarm

Re: Trip to Sabi Lowveld

Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:34 pm

hi Roelfleroux,

3 Questions....
1.When?
2.Where?
and lastly
3.$$$?? :lol:
Ro