Amazing fuel consumption figures

Tell us where your Pajero has taken you.
allandell
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2DiD LWB AT

Amazing fuel consumption figures

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:03 pm

So I went to pretoria from kzn midlands for the weekend and had figures I have never heard of for any pajero or even any brand of suv of this size etc.
uploadfromtaptalk1456077756222.jpg
Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

peterpot
Vehicle: 2009 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Re: Amazing fuel consumption figures

Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:51 am

Personally that is the sort of consumption I would expect from these amazing vehicles. I think I and a few other members have some gremlins we have to get rid of.
ka
kalahari

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:08 am

Sounds about right - that is what I get on my 2008 GLS (after I installed a chip). The 12 plus you got was probably with wind from behind or a mainly downhill strech, but yes, plus / minus 10 is pretty standard, which I also think is very good for this size of vehicle.
KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:55 pm

kalahari wrote:Sounds about right - that is what I get on my 2008 GLS (after I installed a chip). The 12 plus you got was probably with wind from behind or a mainly downhill strech, but yes, plus / minus 10 is pretty standard, which I also think is very good for this size of vehicle.
I have never got close to 10, more like 12L/100km on the open road but I do have a 40mm lift and underbody protection. Wind really affects my consumption in a big way.
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
peterpot
Vehicle: 2009 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Coming back from Witbank the other day I was watching the figures closely. I had it on km/L. Then I found the actual position of the accelerator pedal the very second it gives a reading has a serious impact. I would drive normally (towing) where I was getting a steady figure. I got used to when the next reading was coming up and would take my foot off the gas for that one second and then return to cruising. The figure was excellent / way better. But yes I am sure it all averages out in the end. I compared figures on 4000km holiday trip at Christmas and believe it is a bit pessimestic and your actual is about one figure better (say 9km/l shown - actual 10km/l). My son says his Triton is the same.
allandell
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2DiD LWB AT

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:22 am

I have a 75mm lift on my pajero and I was towing a venter trailer with its lid off and had some stuff loaded going and coming. I drove into jhb traffic at just after 5pm and had no traffic when leaving. I had never heard of such a good consumption and wanted to see if others had ever got that. I am very happy when I get 10/100

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk
Di
Dirty Boy

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:26 am

My Gen 3 LWB, no modifications, has had an average since I have owned it (69 refuels) of 7.7km/L. Most of this is short stop/start driving as I work 6km from home.. Some trips are dragging a caravan or bike trailer.

My 'good' trips have been one or two people and light load. some from GP to KZN. On those Im getting 10km/l but no better.

Return to “Trip Reports”

Login · Register