Protea eco adventures 4X4 trail dificulty

Looking for ideas for holidays? Maybe a trail? Or even a trip across Africa?
th
thekNack

Protea eco adventures 4X4 trail dificulty

Mon May 14, 2012 8:47 am

Hi

I did the 4X4 trail at protea eco this weekend. It was so much fun and I was wondering how that track measures up. I thought it was quite rough but I don't have much to compare it with. How does it measure up to some other tracks?

The drive up the river and the final river crossing was also quite deep, should I check anything after going through that?

Cheers

TN

PS thanks to Jannie and Mitsu for a fun day

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Re: Protea eco adventures 4X4 trail dificulty

Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Always good to check diff oils after water crossings. I would rate Protea as about 2-3. In comparison I would say Groenkloof is about 2, de Wildt is 2-3 and Hennops is 2-3. Berakah about 3. At any one of these places one can do damage to your vehicle in certain instances if you dont follow basic principals. But then again you can also damage your car when parking in your own garage:-) . Most of these routes have easy parts most of the time with a few challenging obstacles here and there that warrant the highest rating. One could however probably do just the easier parts and skip the mayor ones which would reduce the level.

Above is my own personal opinion from visiting these places at various times over the last few years. Different weather on the day can change any route drastically. Also the routes might have changed since I have done them. Lately I am not so big on trails but rather touring.

CATS

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk 2
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
th
thekNack

Re: Protea eco adventures 4X4 trail dificulty

Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks CATS

Now I can gage myself a little if an oportunity comes up. I also want to use it mainly for touring, but needed to get some expeience in what the veicle can do. As far as this trail goes, it did it quite easilly with a novice driver behind the wheel :D

I'm beginning to see what you guys are talking about!

Return to “Places to Visit”

Login · Register