New Pajero owner and new club member

Let us know who you are, what you drive and what makes you tick!
Ed
Eduan

New Pajero owner and new club member

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks for allowing me to join the Pajero Club.

I just purchased a 2011 Pajero 3.8 V6 GLS. Thus far I am really happy with my purchase and enjoying the vehicle, just heavy on the juice, but worth it.

I have been reading through some topics and have already obtained loads of knowledge and answers to questions I had.

I am still not sure how to create a new post other than in this section, can someone help me please?

Questions that I would like some advice on are the following (maybe they have already been discussed and someone can send me the threads):

1. Will doing a suspension lift (as some member have done) of 50 mm damage the prop shafts or place them under more strain/stress in the long run? I am planning to keep this vehicle forever, so I don't wan to do anything that will cause issues in the long run.

2. Can I fit 265/70R17 tyres after the lift has been done, and will this have a substantial effect on the fuel consumption?

3. Whom is the best person/company to sort out the dash jumping up and down when driving on gravel roads? I see there are some people that have sorted out this issue.

4. Where can I get the workshop manual and the service schedule for the for the Gen 4 3.8 V6?

I am looking forward to becoming an active member on this forum.

Regards
Eduan Hattingh

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Re: New Pajero owner and new club member

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Eduan

Welcome here.

1.Suspension lift will change some angles on the drivetrain but in my experience if you keep it below 50mm from standard it should not be an issue. Just remember that lifting suspension ussualy goes with a bit of a firmer ride as well, even on just spacers, so keep that in mind.

2. You can fit slightly larger tyres even with the standard suspension but obviously with a lift you can go bigger. Going bigger however will chance the gearbox ratios and make you loose a bit of power at the wheels. It might also put some extra strain on gearbox over the long run, so keep that in mind. It will definately have an effect on fuel consumption due to the higher ratios and prventing the auto box to reach lock-up as often.

3. Dash. Kurt is the man to talk to. He will get you sorted.

4. I think there is a workshop manual on the main website under resources.

Now where are the pictures?

CATS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Ed
Eduan

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:31 pm

Thanks for the welcoming and the solid advice Cats, much appreciated.

I think for now I will stick to standard tyres and leave the lift until deemed more necessary, but need to sort out the dash asap, will be in contact with Kurt.

I attached 2 Images of my new vehicle. Vehicle in very good condition with 100 000 km's on, and the old ballie that I bought it from never even drove on a gravel road with it, but that's gonna change very quickly.

Once again thanks for the welcoming and I am looking forward to many discussions.

Eduan
Attachments
IMG_8912.JPG
IMG_8913.JPG
Roelf_le_Roux

Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Where is the little green "mannetjie"??
Great car... enjoy.
KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Welcome Eduan, I sent you a private message. Give me a call anytime. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
Ed
Eduan

Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Thanks Roelf and Kurt! I will be in touch Kurt!
DJ
DJF

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Thank you guys for allowing me to be part of this Club.
I am fairly new in the game, my 4x4 internists started in my army days where bundu bashing was in the order of the day. I proudly became an owner of a 2005 LWB Pajero a while ago and cannot tell you how happy I am. I am in my middle 50's and find it fairly easy to drive like an old toppie, but to be honest, driving slowly with such a superb vehicle is just a pleasure.
The 4x4 Botswana and Namiba trips will start rolling in the next 12 months, born and bread a Suidwester, that will be my first trip - soon.
Happy driving 4x4 buddies!
DJ
DJF

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi, thanks for letting me part of this forum! Much obliged!
swazi85
Vehicle: 2011 Pajero Gen 4 3.2

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:15 pm

I also have a 3.8 gls, currently has the stofpad spacers and ride is great and in my opinion looks much better with more ground clearance.

Oh and FYI, I have a unichip which makes quite a difference if you looking for a bit more acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ke
Kenneth_CPT_1984

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Good evening everyone,

Thank you for accepting me into your club, I truly appreciate it.

I am Kenneth, 33, from Cape Town and I am the new owner of a 2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 V6 SWB. I am loving the vehicle, such an remarkable machine. I am looking forward to many more posts in the future.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Login · Register