Friendly helper(s) needed - A Pajero Trauma

Let us know who you are, what you drive and what makes you tick!
ol
olBerba

Friendly helper(s) needed - A Pajero Trauma

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:27 am

My name is Jesper (33) and I came to SA in June to purchase a 4x4 to overland travel southern Africa. Unfortunately, I made a very bad choice with the workshop selection to choose and prepare the vehicle, a 2003 3.2 DID Pajero, named Willi Wanka.

I published most of the story https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sh ... went-wrong

My knowledge about mechanics is very minimal and I would be very happy if a Forum member would be kind to have a look on our Car and could give me an honest opinion if it is worth the try or everything is lost.

My wife and I are based in Berlin Germany and still keen to do the adventurous trip, exploring this amazing continent, we were just able to see a glimpse yet.

Currently we are in Upington and will continue tomorrow direction Namakwa to do a anti clockwise turn through south africa. We will be in in Johannesburg beginning of December.

Till then we need to make the decision if we can continue our plans or, as painful and expensive the decision would be, to get rid of the car, maybe try it again in another time.

If anyone is willing to help with mechanical expertise or a recommendation of a trustworthy Workshop with knowledge of Pajeros in the Western Cape I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much. Enjoy the Weekend and the game.

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Friendly helper(s) needed - A Pajero Trauma

Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Horrible story and sorry to hear.

I chatted to Arnold Venter from Mitsi-Tech here in Gauteng and he definitely recommends Jacques Norval down in the Cape.

Give him a call: +27 84 941 1768
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
ol
olBerba

Re: Friendly helper(s) needed - A Pajero Trauma

Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Thanks Kurt, I wukl message Jaques.

Luckily the Paj was stable, and beside of the known weaknesses our Willi sttood strong.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Login · Register