Caska Head Unit with SatNav to fit Mitsubishi

Sell your goodies here.
Forum rules
Only active members allowed to sell their goodies. Only outdoor and offroading stuff. Active means active posters.
timjames63
Vehicle: 2018 Pajero Sport (MY18)

Caska Head Unit with SatNav to fit Mitsubishi

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Caska Navigation System - Mitsubishi D306 The Caska Mitsubishi D306 Navigation System represents the ultimate in vehicle specific multimedia and navigation for Mitsubishi. Caska D306 not only custom fits Pajero, Pajero Sport, ASX, Lancer and Outlander but also integrates with all existing features of your vehicle, fully plug n play. No expense has been spared on using only the very best components available to develop this powerful,all-in-one entertainment machine. Connected services do not rely through FM broadcast towers to deliver their messages, 100% of South Africa is services through the 3G connected services portfolio. Allowing a 100% reach to the major metropolitan areas with RDS TMC traffic services.

Features
    7" HD digital touch screen (800×480)
    TomTom mapping Compatible with all iPhone / iPod modules (30 pin connector lightning connector requires a 30 pin adaptor)
    Built-in Bluetooth handsfree with phonebook download and music streaming functions
    Integrates with steering wheel controls
    Plays CD, VCD, DVD, MP3, MP4, Div-X, etc.
    RDS Radio with preset stations and improved receiver
    Built-in music hard drive
    Anti-glare monitor Factory Reverse PDC Integration.

The unit is new. I had an issue with my original and this is a replacement unit. However I decided to install an Android Auto unit instead.

I am selling for R8500, retails for R13K.
    caska.JPG
    The attachment caska.JPG is no longer available
    Oupa
    Vehicle: 2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 GLS SWB

Re: Caska Head Unit with SatNav to fit Mitsubishi

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 am

Good day

What (aftermarket) unit did you install, where is it available and is the unit fully compatible with the steering wheel controls and displays (plug and play)

I am a bit sceptic of ordering a unit from China.

Many thanks
    timjames63
    Vehicle: 2018 Pajero Sport (MY18)

Re: Caska Head Unit with SatNav to fit Mitsubishi

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:36 pm

The steering controls all work, eg volume, source etc. The only one that did not carry over was the speech button which becomes a mute button. I am told this is because it is an analogue system. The rest is all plug and play including the camera.

The unit is in Cape Town and PlanetWorld are the local representatives of Caska.

I replaced this unit with a JVC which if you want to go the Android Auto/Apple Carplay route I would highly recommend. The only downside to this system is that you have to plug your device in via a USB cable to get the full features of mapping, audio etc. This port is typically wired into the cubby. The Caska on the other hand has built in SatNav.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Equipment for Sale/Swap”