Official - Mitsubishi ASX arrives in SA!!

If you drive a Mitsu but it's not a Pajero, this is the place to chat about your vehicle.
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Official - Mitsubishi ASX arrives in SA!!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 am

As discussed in a recent thread ( https://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/view ... =48&t=2822 )there was mention that we in South Africa might be getting the Mitsubishi ASX or also called the Outlander Sport in some markets.

I have recieved this in my post box yesterday and also some cellphone pics of an actual vehicle in SA. So we are definately getting the new ASX. Three models seem to be on offer, all using the same 2l petrol engine. I think the 1.8Did as sold in some other markets might also be a good idea, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the SA stuff that I could dig up.

ASX – A SeXy CAR

Today is an incredible day in Mitsubishi Motors history in South Africa. It is the day on which Mitsubishi Motors South Africa is launching the brand new ASX Model. This small size sporty looking vehicle is bound to take the market by storm. Comparing with competition vehicles, the ASX offers a huge amount of innovation to customers that has a outdoors type of lifestyle. The top of the range CVT automatic vehicle has a panoramic roof, MP3 Player audio jack, leather seats, six airbags, electric windows and a Rockford Fostgate Sound System.

The ASX comes in 3 different specification levels, with the first two being 2.0 liter Mivec petrol engines coupled to a manual gearbox. The top of the range model is a CVT automatic 2.0 liter Mivec engine.

The ASX is ready to be test driven at Mitsubishi Motors Brooklyn and Midrand from today, with the official ASX test drive week between the 19th and the 24th of September 2011 at these mentioned dealerships.

Hurry, come and drive A SeXy car today!

Here is a link to some better marketing pictures http://www.netcarshow.com/mitsubishi/2011-asx/
CATS
Attachments
IMG00253-20110913-1317.jpg
IMG00248-20110913-1310.jpg

2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Re: Official - Mitsubishi ASX arrives in SA!!

Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:45 am

I like it!

Just wish we were getting the diesel.

It reminds me of Kia

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Re: Official - Mitsubishi ASX arrives in SA!!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 am

I was fortunate enought to be able to attend the past Jhb International Motor Show where I met the new ASX in the flesh. It is a nice vehicle and the price is right in there with the other contenders Nissan Qasqai, Kia Sportage, Hyundai. The only problem is that the contenders have established themselves in this market and it will be tough to take sales away from them seeing that the ASX is not materially cheaper than anyone else, although it is loaded with some nice bells and whistles. The moonroof is nifty 8-)

On the looks side I must admit the the Hyundai/Kia Sportage platforms are REALLY sexy vehicles. My opinion is that it is all in the tyre and rim choices. Mitsu for some or other reason just can't seem to get this right and keeps on favouring a tyre tucked deep into the wheel wells. I mean look at the Sportage as posted in 4EP's post. Those rims and tyres make the vehicle!. If Mitsu just fit slightly better offset rims to the ASX to give it a more muscular stance it would look 100% better, but the standard rims with their underbody stance really do nothing for me :roll: .

A 2wd version might also not be a bad idea for Mitsu, as that will drop the price and get more possible buyers in the showroom.

I hear that they are advertising it nicely on the telly(don't watch much myself) so that is nice, but I predict tough sales for the ASX in South Africa. In the US they are apparently selling like hot cakes.

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)

Return to “Other Mitsubishi 4x4 / AWD”

Login · Register