VW Amarok Photos

No need to hide! You'll eventually hanker for a Mitsu :) In the meantime perhaps we can still help.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

VW Amarok Photos

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:37 am

Amarok photos

I went to the dealer to have a look. I got a full spec brochure at home if anybody needs info.

I took some photos

to
tonton

Re: VW Amarok Photos

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 am

vw-amarok-2-604x403.jpg
VW_Amarok_2.jpg
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:27 am

I just find that I'm strange, in the sense that I want to see more real life photos, than fancy photoshop exterior photos. I want to see what the inside looks like. The suspension, the engine and functionality etc.
4ePajero
Vehicle: 1989 Pajero LWB

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:31 am

.... and what was your opinion / verdict?
Gerhard Fourie
If you want to shoot somebody, make sure you aim at his head, not your own foot.
Me
to
tonton

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 am

:twisted: I like the tyres...
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 am

I like the solid look about it. It is also massive. Standing next to it makes you feel small.

The dash harks back to the polos and should last a long time and clean easily.

The door has a very solid feel when you close it - something I always look into as I feel it says a lot about the car's build.

The engine bay looks like spaghetti with very little heat shielding on the rubber pipes, so all the vacuum and PCV hoses might have to be changed at about 200'000km like most VW's. :(

I would probably just mod the whole PCV system to be less complicated once the warranty expires (eu requirements are a pain :lol: )

the tyres look way too small to me. I would definitely ask for a beefy set of BFG's to be financed in with the deal.

I also felt there wasn't enough underside protection (although this was 2x4 model, so the 4x4 might have more shielding)

Overall it's typical VW quality build and finish. I think the Isuzu and Triton is on par with the Amarok. I doubt it will steal many brand owner's but VW fans will be glad they can stick to VW if they want a bakkie.

I don't think it will succeed as a workhorse (unless they bring in a single cab with NA 2.0 petrol to take some beating) but VW might prove us all wrong and have a totally reliable 2.0 TDi regardless of neglect.

The V6 3.0 TDi ( if they release it) will be a winner!

One thing is for sure, VW/Audi is busy making very good quality vehicles at the moment!

My list would be
Workhorse - Older Isuzu 2.8 TD / Colt 2.0 Petrol
My own farm bakkie - Amarok / Triton 3.2 DiD
Overlanding vehicle - Pajero

Return to “All Other Brands”

Login · Register