VW T5 Transporter Info?

No need to hide! You'll eventually hanker for a Mitsu :) In the meantime perhaps we can still help.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Re: VW T5 Transporter Info?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:39 pm

most VW gearboxes are made by aisin or ZF.

Services on the 2.5 Tdi are so easy to do as it's a drop in oil filter cartridge, so you should be able to do it yourself (hence why I buy pampered high milage cars so I can service myself and not worry about expensive warranties etc)

Gerrit Loubser
Vehicle: 2003 Pajero Gen 3 DiD LWB A/T

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:30 pm

KaiV wrote:Buy another Patrol :mrgreen:
Actually, Kai, I would have loved to buy another newer Paj (our Gen 3 has given us sterling service over the last four years or so), but Lana seems to have her heart set on a Bus...
KaiV wrote:All I know about the VW is that the services are horrifically expensive as are their spares. Also, rumors I've been hearing is that the gearboxes are not the best...
Yip, I think with just about all modern vehicles things get expensive quickly when anything goes wrong. That is why I am trying to learn about the T5 before I leap.
Gerrit Loubser Image

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 VX TD

2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T Gone & missed :-(

1999 Nissan Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T: Gone & missed :-(

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T: SOLD
Gerrit Loubser
Vehicle: 2003 Pajero Gen 3 DiD LWB A/T

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:13 pm

4ePikanini wrote:Services on the 2.5 Tdi are so easy to do as it's a drop in oil filter cartridge, so you should be able to do it yourself
Marius, do you perhaps know whether routine service parts such as the air cleaner element, fuel filter and oil filter for the R5 motor are available from the likes of GUD or Fram or whether they have to be bought from the agents?
Gerrit Loubser Image

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 VX TD

2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T Gone & missed :-(

1999 Nissan Patrol 4.5E GRX M/T: Gone & missed :-(

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 VX 4.5 EFI A/T: SOLD
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Gerrit Loubser wrote:
4ePikanini wrote:Services on the 2.5 Tdi are so easy to do as it's a drop in oil filter cartridge, so you should be able to do it yourself
Marius, do you perhaps know whether routine service parts such as the air cleaner element, fuel filter and oil filter for the R5 motor are available from the likes of GUD or Fram or whether they have to be bought from the agents?
I'm not sure but I'm certain you could get from midas or so as VW doesn't manufacture to the extent of mitsu.

Reminds me, I need to find brake pads for dad's touareg

Return to “All Other Brands”

Login · Register