Ssangyong Korando Lack of power

No need to hide! You'll eventually hanker for a Mitsu :) In the meantime perhaps we can still help.
Bez
Vehicle: 3.2.DID pejero gen 3

Ssangyong Korando Lack of power

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Please help. My daughter has a Ssangyong Korando Auto with an intermittent lack of power problem. The vehicle drives beautifully for a while then just has no power. If Travelling on a straight or downhill it will maintain its speed but will not increase speed at all. The vehicle revs will climb but no response. If she stops just for a second the vehicle drives beautifully again. . Needless to say at times she prays for a toll gate!
This also results in really bad fuel economy,.
The turbo has been redone and the inter cooler cleaned. Now people are suggesting it is a gearbox problem . (Transmission) could this be? Other ideas are a blocked exhaust. Unfortunately it is too costly to repair by elimination. Has anyone has this problem? Where can we find a GOOD mechanic. In the Durban area ?
Please any feedback will be appreciated.
Korea does not reply!!

Bez
Vehicle: 3.2.DID pejero gen 3

Re: Ssangyong Korando Lack of power

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Sorted .Blocked exhaust!
hagehage
Vehicle: Pajero

Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi, I have EXACTLY the same problem and symptoms as you described! Could you tell me exactly which part of the exhaust was blocked? Would be a HUGE help! Thank you
hend
Vehicle: Pajero gen4 LWB GLS

Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:03 am

The 1st thing that would block is the catalytic convertor. This is the 1st box after the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hagehage
Vehicle: Pajero

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:26 am

Bez wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:19 pm
Sorted .Blocked exhaust!
Would someone be able to notify Bez directly? I'm not authorized to send a message to him but I'm very keen to know which part of the exhaust was blocked!

Return to “All Other Brands”

Login · Register