LED Dash Bulb replacement - Pajero Gen3

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2001 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLS

Re: LED Dash Bulb replacement - Pajero Gen3

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:40 pm

Update :

Seems like the LED lights don't like the low voltage with the use of the dimmer (I dim the backlights all the way when driving at night - it makes it easier to notice warning lights and improves night vision). The led's started packing up one by one.

So I swapped the LEDs for normal halogen again.

I made a slight mod though as I like uniqueness in my car. It makes it feel a bit more like a nice place to be.

I removed the blue covers on the halogen bulbs which gives a more amber glow similar to the gen2 dash but not as yellow. I put a red cover over the bulb that illuminates the 1,2,3,4,5 of the tiptronic indicators. (The actual position light is still green it's just the numbering that's red)

And the far left globe for the speedo received a green cover. The speedo now gradually goes from green (about 0-100) to amber (100-130) and red (130+km/h)

It doesn't look toyish or funny but it's actually a nice look.

I'll try to get better pics tonight.

Marius Fourie
MY DIY WEBSITE
2005 Touareg R5 Air & Bi-Xenon
Andre Opperman
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DID short wheel base 2002

Re: LED Dash Bulb replacement - Pajero Gen3

Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi Maruis thx for the Dash bulb replacement. I drive a 2002 3.2 SWB and I dont see the engine managment light come on, not even when I only switch it on. Is it also the bulp thats blown and how do you replace it?
Thx André

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register

Latest Posts

Login  •  Register