3.2 Di-D Diagnostic DIY - without scan tool

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Re: 3.2 Di-D Diagnostic DIY - without scan tool

Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:03 pm

I just replaced with a straight pipe.

[ATTACH]5433[/ATTACH]
Attachments
image-1101031587.png

To
Tolla

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Rassie,

Normal straight pipe.
Ni
Nick Marriott

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Marius

Your information has been invaluable to me so far. I am however having a few issues. At first I had the center diff lock light flashing after a few KM's of driving. Planning to replace all vacuum hoses for this one. Then all green lights went out and centre diff light flashing all the time. Vehicle still driving normally on road though. I cleaned and checked the two vacuum solenoids on right front wheel arch. They were sticking but now operate fine. I did the diagnostics and came up with the following errors. Engine code 46, Transfer code 33, Autobox neutral light continous flashing and ABS code 43. The vehicle also has some white smoke (not steam). It is a 2000 3.2 GLS Lwb with 260 000 km. How do I go forward to diagnose each code.

Many thanks

Nick
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 pm

download the service manuals and see if you can work through some troubleshooters there.

https://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/down ... hp?id=4944

https://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/down ... hp?id=4899
Ni
Nick Marriott

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks Marius

Will go through it over the next few evenings. Still new to the Pajero's and don't have many contacts for parts and advice in Port Elizabeth.

Regards

Nick
St
Stephan

Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am

4ePikanini wrote:

Then ground terminal one with a piece of wire

Then switch ignition on and look at the dash lights.

Thank you for this great thread you have started.

I have two questions(Please excuse my ignorance):
  1. In which position do I need to turn the ignition on? I tried it yesterday in the two different positions and could not find any flashing lights.

Where did you connect the wire to ground? I clamped mine to the body of the car(clear unpainted area), close to where the ground terminal of the battery is connected.
I just want to make sure I am doing it right before I open a beer and celebrate the lack of fault codes on my vehicle.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 pm

ignition in the position where the dash lights come on (just before you start) - ie. where the ignition usually rests when the engine is running.

You have to ground before turning the ignition on if I remember correctly.
dr
dreyfuss

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:20 am

Hi

I am also experiencing the problem with the tow lights comming on at the same time, the traction and stability control. This happens when accelerating heavily on flat roads or going uphils. There is also a power loss and my fuel consumption is bad - about 5,5 km /l when this occurs. However on a recent long road trip it fixed itself for a little while, where I experienced great power, no lights comming on and the fuel consumption normalised to about 9,5 km/l, no matter how hard i pushed it. I had the car checked out by paarl Mitsubishi last week when they serviced it and they quoted me R45k immediately for a new diesel pump. When I started questions of a technical nature, Andre, the mechanic, couldnt answer all my questions and also admitted that they cannot guarantee that replacing the dieselpump will solve the problem... (what the hell???)

Other posts I saw noted that the Mapping sensor was faulty and replacing it solved the problem.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sh ... ost1595068

Did any of you guys get this problem sorted? I am very interested in the solution to this and have lost a bit of faith in the Agents. I am continuing to research this topic and trying to find people that know what they are talking about and dont just read out computer diagnostics, but also try and make sense of symptoms and problems. (based in Cape Town)

Regards

Flipster
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

I would start by scanning it to see what codes show up.

My bet is on the boost sensor or speed sensors. (google will reveal plenty of topics on these on this forum and elsewhere)
Bigwill
Vehicle: 2004 Pajero 3.2 DID SWB

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 pm

I have today experimented with the DIY self scan for error codes. There is nothing wrong with my car (that I know of) but wanted to see how it works. What I found was that the Engine light and the Centre Diff light started blinking at a constant rate (about once per second). There were no changes in duration and no pauses at all. I presume that is an indication of a clear bill of health. Am I right?
Willie from Jo'burg
White Gen 3 SWB Pajero 3.2 DID

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register