Differentiating and Identifying the relevant Pajero Models

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Re: Differentiating and Identifying the relevant Pajero Mode

Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 am

Here are the models I've had:

1994 Gen 2: Manual 5 speed 3.0V6 110kw GLS LWB. Can’t remember too many details, but think it didn’t have leather. What I enjoyed was the fold-out armrest for the driver. No difflock, no airbags and no ABS. It had 15” rims and the proper SUPER SELECT. I know it was lighter on fuel than my 3.0V6 5door SANI that predated it.

1998 Gen2.5 (Blister fender): Manual 5 speed 3.5V6 (quad-cam 16valve) 151kw LWB GLS. Had ABS and difflock. Interior was light coloured leather and the front seats had arm rests AND had its own suspension.

2000 Gen3: Manual 3.2 DiD LWB GLS. No fog lights, no side step, small monochrome dash display and 16" rims. Had the body colour "cage" around the rear light cluster. Had rear difflock. No maint plan.

2003 Gen3: Auto 3.2 DiD LWB GLS. Round foglight, side step, bigger and colour dash display and 6 disc CD shuttle and still 16" rims. Had rear difflock. Had the 5 year - 100k maint plan

2006 Gen3: Auto 3.2 DiD LWB GLS. Round foglight, side step, same big display but not full colour, just shades of blue and greyand 6 disc CD shuttle. Had the 17" rims. No difflock, but traction and stability control and sunroof. Had the 5 year - 100k maint plan.

2006 Gen3: Auto 3.8V6 (15? kw) SWB GLS. Rest the same as 2006 above.

2008 Gen4: 3.8V6 MIVEC (184kw :twisted: ) LWB GLS. Completely new body design. The most important aspects of the new design are:
1)High-mounted tail light.
2)Body is 2cm narrower and wheel track 2cm wider - this gives it a more compact and "sturdy" look.
3)The dash display is more comprehensive and the DiD models get a fuel consumption read-out for the first time.
4)There are numerous little "luxury" upgrades that enhances the pleasure of owning and driving a Pajero - not least is the electric adjustment for the passenger seat as well.

Bigwill
Vehicle: 2004 Pajero 3.2 DID SWB

Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Well if you found round fogs on Autotrader then perhaps that model did come through in late 2003. Note I mentioned that "I was told" and that refers to sales talk.
Something that was apparently unique to the batch that my car was in is that it also came fitted with the dual batteries. This was dropped very soon after I got my car. I'm told it was due to an admin mix-up on the ordering system that one batch of cars came with two batteries. Lol. That made me believe that this batch was really the first of a major change.
Then I won't be surprised if it took Mitsubishi 6 months (Dec 2003 to June 2004) to move the first batch to the market.
PS. Also only now it comes to mind that the rear bumper and taillights also changed with this model.
What a good idea it is to record these fact for the benefit of future Pajerians.
Willie from Jo'burg
White Gen 3 SWB Pajero 3.2 DID
Lock
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 2002

Mon May 06, 2013 1:35 pm

"2008 Gen4: 3.8V6 MIVEC (184kw ) LWB GLS. Completely new body design. The most important aspects of the new design are:
1)High-mounted tail light.
2)Body is 2cm narrower and wheel track 2cm wider - this gives it a more compact and "sturdy" look."

Thanks RoelfleR Did not know that the 2008 is narrower, does this translate into interior space as well? My 2008 does seem more "cosey" than the 2002 but couls not finger why.
If you can feel the grass between your toe's, your flying too low!
3.5 GLS F/LIF 1998 Lost to the x wife
3200 Tdi GSL 2001 Written off
3200 Di-D 5Dr A/T 2002 338 000 Sold
3500i A/T 5Dr 2001 Sold
3.2 Di-Dc GLS A/T 2008
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Mon May 06, 2013 2:27 pm

I don't have interior specs, but later this month (if all goes well), I should be in Damaraland in the company of a Gen3. Maybe I'll break out the measuring tape then :D
an
andrew.ashton

Mon May 06, 2013 7:05 pm

RoelfleRoux wrote:I don't have interior specs, but later this month (if all goes well), I should be in Damaraland in the company of a Gen3. Maybe I'll break out the measuring tape then :D
If you need to measure a Gen3 you could invite me to Damaraland! And I will bring my own measuring tape at no extra cost.

Enjoy!
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm

"you could invite me to Damaraland!"
You need to tie in the dots first!
johanbarendse
Vehicle: Pajero 2.8 LWB 199 Model, a Blue one

Mon May 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Can someone please tell me what is the difference between the 6g74 and 6g76 motors.
MThompson
Vehicle: 2002 Pajero 3.2Di-D GLS Auto 5dr

Mon May 06, 2013 10:09 pm

My specs. 2002 Di-D LWB GLS. Leather seats. Electric adjust on driver seat. Colour display. Had a tape deck....not sure about shuttle. Square fog lights. Chrome foldable mirrors. Heated seats. Diff lock. Auto 5 speed. Black numberplate holder.

Let me know if you want me to look for something specific. I just mentooned a few things I red in this thread.

PS. Thank you for the summary. Very interesting.
PSS. Glad you are keeping your pajero.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2
an
andrew.ashton

Tue May 07, 2013 8:34 am

RoelfleRoux wrote:"you could invite me to Damaraland!"
You need to tie in the dots first!
This is true.
Will chat to SWAMBO and get back to you.
Is it warm enough to ground tent camp at that time of year?
Ca
Cas

Tue May 07, 2013 12:24 pm

johanbarendse wrote:Can someone please tell me what is the difference between the 6g74 and 6g76 motors.
Hi.

The 6G74 is the 3.5 motor.

6G75 is the 3.8 motor.

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register