OVERSEAS PARTS SOURCES

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
cloyd
Vehicle: Pajero GLS

OVERSEAS PARTS SOURCES

Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Simon,

This is an idea that might be of value seeing that we do not know how good the new Nissan / Mitsu partnership and their provisioning of Pajero spares will be. If such a site already exist, please ignore.

Should the Pajero Club not make provision for a dedicated site where the names, addresses and other contact details of overseas suppliers of genuine Pajero spares can be published that will enable members to order their own spares directly from overseas suppliers that are suppliers of genuine Pajero parts and not stuff that are made by Uncle Naidoo in his corner store behind the veggie patch??

Very long ago - in the 90's - I made use of such a site to order genuine parts for my Porsche when the local suppliers of spares to members of the millionaires club proved to be too expensive. It took about one week from making the first phone call to a supplier in the USA till the parts were delivered by courier to my front door. The total cost including the courier was less than 50% of the local price asked by the agents.

Such a site should be managed by one knowledgeable person and only he / she should be able to publish any address / contact detail on that site. When a member finds a dealer and order some parts and the ordered parts arrive as per the order at a reasonable price and in an acceptable time period can he / she provide the detail to the site manager who will then investigate and if worthwhile make the details available for general info on the dedicated site.

Cloyd

St
Stranger

Re: OVERSEAS PARTS SOURCES

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Sounds like a plan

Can it not also include mods suppliers, both local and overseas ?
cloyd

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:59 pm

Stranger,

I have not given it a thought but: if the list include local mod suppliers the list in the end will include suppliers like "Uncle Sammie's Corner Store". If the site includes local parts suppliers (eg wheel bearings), it might work.

Cloyd
SimonB
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2017 Nissan X-Trail

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:22 am

Cloyd

We could do that. I have the facility to create dedicated web pages on the new platform.

If you have a list of suppliers you know are reputable and reliable, you can send them to me, with a breif discription of each
Simon Bloomer
cloyd

Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Simon,

Sorry, no list of possible suppliers. My need for spares at this time is still zero and my local agent is still open and can supply all that I need. The future is what I am worried about.

Cloyd
Ph
Philip Scholtz

Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi guys

I have bought quite a lot of spares from e-bay without any issues. Some of them also at half the price of the steelers. My previous Pajero was a Gen 2 and have seen a lot of spares been available. I made a point to only buy from suppliers from the east that also send it for free. It only take a long time to be delivered though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
llec999
Vehicle: 1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD (After selling LWB Did:)

Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:17 pm

This type of websites where the only way we could keep our LADA's running...
I have also used the likes of e-bay etc - the problem is that you are never sure if you will receive what you pay for - and although I never had a problem you are always unsure.
Furthermore you are also unsure of the exchange rate they use - and most of all shipping cost that are very expensive and then lastly the custom duties that are never the same...

(Just brought in a Expansion bottle for my Delica - took 2 months and lots of hassles with the post office and customs...)

Let's see what can happen
Llewellyn
1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD
1996 Delica 2.8td
1999 Pajero 3.2DiD LWB (Diesel problem...)
1997 Pajero Junior 1.1 (written off hitting a Drifter Double cab)
markcouz
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:16 pm

I have made about 30 purchases from Ebay and Amazon. All goods have been delivered. The courier costs are often higher than cost of goods. I have bought some electronic components from Chinese suppliers on Ebay with free delivery. Takes about 2 months via post but always arrives.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
ho
hogbeast

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:12 am

i used aliexpress to order a egt gauge, as a test. goods arrived after a long wait via post office and 40 bucks customs charge. i think that might be a option just not sure if one will find a lot of spares. i did not look for spares as i am worried that I am ordering the right thing. description sometime poor
peterpot
Vehicle: 2009 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Re: EGT gauge

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:35 am

Tell me Hogbeast which EGT gauge did you order and what is like ie quality, fitment, parts supplied, probe, accuracy, athetics, etc.

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register